Any chance of the Georgia ANG getting some love, they flew many fighters including the F-15 and F-4? The only decals for them that I know of was a F-100 from CAM. They really need to be done. Happy New year.

Any chance of the Georgia ANG getting some love, they flew many fighters including the F-15 and F-4? The only decals for them that I know of was a F-100 from CAM. They really need to be done. Happy New year.

There are a few more out there, but some are rare and expensive....

MicroScale/SuperScale 72-386 & 72-456 have GA ANG F-105Gs

IPMS Nationals 1984 also has an F-105G "last Flight" scheme, also in 1/48 scale

RepliScale 1020 has a Wing Commander's F-15A from the 128th.

Cutting Edge CED72176 has a B-1B of the 128th BS, GA ANG

Wolfpak Decals just released set 72-077 with an E-8A of the 128th on it, but with the earlier WR tail code.

If you can find them, the MicroScale/SuperScale sheets could be had for about $20.00, maybe even the 1984 Convention decals. The Repliscale sheet is much harder to find and the Cutting Edge sheet goes for ridiculous prices on Ebay when they show up.

I'm with you, though, more ANG sheets are needed.

Just a reminder that my first ANG F-100 sheet also had markings for one GA ANG F-100D and one F-100F.

As much as I'd like the idea of ANG sheets covering multiple types from a given unit, I am not sure they are feasible in 1/48 scale in today's market. Providing stencilling for multiple types is a challenge, both from a cost (sheet size) and complexity standpoint. One or two types per sheet would be possible, but not more.

I guess it would be doable in 1/72, where it is still possible to satisfy most customers by providing only the most prominent stencilling.

Just a reminder that my first ANG F-100 sheet also had markings for one GA ANG F-100D and one F-100F.

I'm still waiting for you to scale these sheets down to 1/72 scale..... :thumbsup:

I guess it would be doable in 1/72, where it is still possible to satisfy most customers by providing only the most prominent stencilling.

I would be more than happy with that.

As much as I'd like the idea of ANG sheets covering multiple types from a given unit, I am not sure they are feasible in 1/48 scale in today's market. Providing stencilling for multiple types is a challenge, both from a cost (sheet size) and complexity standpoint. One or two types per sheet would be possible, but not more.

Well, I really want the F-15 and F-4 from the unit. :pray::coolio: The F-100s have been covered by a few companies don`t think any other fighters have been done.

I'm still waiting for you to scale these sheets down to 1/72 scale..... :thumbsup:/>

I would be more than happy with that.

I second that! I'd love to see you scale down your ANG F-100 sheets to 1/72nd scale. I'd be down for Georgia F-4s in 72nd as well. Fred.

While not a fighter, I'd LOVE for you to squeeze some B-1B art for the Memphis Belle that GA had several years ago.

I used to have the Cutting Edge sheet and like a fool I sold it (not knowing they'd go the way of the dodo). One day....one day.....I will finally build my 1/48 B-1B and that is the one I've always wanted to do.

• 4 years later...

Hi guys.

I'm new here. Could anyone point me in the right direction? I'm looking for better photos of this F15, tail number 75-0043. It has the confederate flag and reads "Georgia on my mind" as part of the nose art. I don't know if it's the same on the other side.

The picture was taken by a Frank J Mirande at Dobbins ARB, GA on August 30th 1995. The original photo shows another jet also but I had to crop it out because this forum would only allow me to upload a 100kb size photo. Here's a link to the original photo:

https://www.airliners.net/photo/USA-Air-Force/McDonnell-Douglas-F-15A-Eagle/2034732

Thanks.

75-0043.jpg

52 minutes ago, GEA said:

I'm new here. Could anyone point me in the right direction? I'm looking for better photos of this F15, tail number 75-0043. It has the confederate flag and reads "Georgia on my mind" as part of the nose art. I don't know if it's the same on the other side.

You might get more help if you can please post this to the "Jet Modeling" or reference sub-forums.