New Year's resolution

This year I want to just build. Yep...just build. Nothing fancy, just OOB as much as possible. Eat into the ridiculous stash...build...and enjoy like a little kid again. Oh make no mistake, I want to do my best and improve. But to heck with aftermarket this and that, so what if this or that isn't 100% correct, or my colors are off a smidgen, or the kit decals are not the greatest. Just build and be happy. Old school...

HAPPY NEW YEAR ALL!

Don

Build SOMETHING this year. I think this is at least three years in a row that I have not completed anything. Ever since my dad died in February, I've kinda lost the "spark", but it is slowly coming back, and I want to actually complete something again. I'm also thinking about branching out into something I've never done...A large-scale WWII prop plane perhaps, or maybe armor.

Aaron

Mine is to use up some of the unusual resin stuff, rare kits, and decals I have accumulated over the last couple of years.

Things like the Blue Threat pods from the VA Nats a few years ago,,,,,,,and the EA-4 Skyhawk decals (I don't recall ever seeing those put together and posted online, even though there were a lot of them distributed that week)

Mount some of the OOP resin Nukes on some builds.

I guess the clearest way to put it is to just say "use up some of the good stuff that has piled up"

For me it's simple:

Buy the top three kits on my list (no more after that for the year)

Buy AM for those kits in the stash that need it

Build at least a couple of kits. I haven't been able to for a while now.

Rob

Like every year...date Shania Twain. Think is time to lower my expectations and hopes... :)

Seriously...my resolution, try to enjoy more in the hobby again,and not to let myself to throw 200$ Su-27 kit with lots of goodies in the garbage as I did not so long ago.

Just because I take it too seriously and forget why I'm doing it at the first place...for relaxing and enjoying. Not to be damn perfect in every aspect.

Mine is to build more than the 3 models I built in 2014 and to get the stash down to a reasonable level. I have high hopes for the first one but will have to work on on the second one. :rolleyes:

Tom

My resolution is to finish at least one model without screwing up. Sounds easy but it's just not one of my builds if something doesn't go wrong somewhere.

Lol Mr. Murphy and I are old friends, he's bound to show up a some point during a build.

Like every year...date Shania Twain. Think is time to lower my expectations and hopes... :)/>

Seriously...my resolution, try to enjoy more in the hobby again,and not to let myself to throw 200$ Su-27 kit with lots of goodies in the garbage as I did not so long ago.

Just because I take it too seriously and forget why I'm doing it at the first place...for relaxing and enjoying. Not to be damn perfect in every aspect.

I'm the exact same way. The search for perfection has led me to do some crazy stuff in this hobby. I simply cannot just build OOB and be happy with it.

Rob