Does anyone know what is happening with JBOT Decals? The website hasn't been updated for 8 months. I believe there were health issues that were affecting Jim before, I hope this isn't the case again. He has a few unique Canadian decals that I can't find anywhere else.

Does anyone know what is happening with JBOT Decals? The website hasn't been updated for 8 months. I believe there were health issues that were affecting Jim before, I hope this isn't the case again. He has a few unique Canadian decals that I can't find anywhere else.

In 2007 I ordered decals from J-bot. Received them 4 years later in May 2011. In July 2011 I ordered more. Received a note that they would be shipped the next week. Still waiting. Based on past experience, should receive them this summer.

Signed

Wishful

Stephen

He has some very interesting stuff, and I've been tempted to order a few sheets from him. I'd heard it's not something you want to if you are on a deadline to finish a model, and I'm not, but a four-year wait? That's crazy!

In 2007 I ordered decals from J-bot. Received them 4 years later in May 2011. In July 2011 I ordered more. Received a note that they would be shipped the next week. Still waiting. Based on past experience, should receive them this summer.

Signed

Wishful

Stephen

Stephen,

I had a completed opposite experience with JBOT. I have never been a BIG fan of Alps printed decals unless it was/is a subject of something that isn't available in screen printed decals. I did find a couple of decals that he had listed as "screen printed' so I placed an order. It took less than three weeks for my order to arrive at my door. The decals may have been decals that Jim had already printed up or basically ready to ship. There in lies what may have been the difference for the quick turn around that I received. cheers!

Best Regards,

Ken Bailey

(SonyKen)

Edited by SonyKen

Long waits are a common issue with JBOT, multi-year wait times are not unheard of.

The most common and oft-repeated reasons are illness and hardware issues, not sure if they're true or not since they've been used so much.

I wouldn't order from him

Ken

Stephen,

I had a completed opposite experience with JBOT. I have never been a BIG fan of Alps printed decals unless it was/is a subject of something that isn't available in screen printed decals. I did find a couple of decals that he had listed as "screen printed' so I placed an order. It took less than three weeks for my order to arrive at my door. The decals may have been decals that Jim had already printed up or basically ready to ship. There in lies what may have been the difference for the quick turn around that I received. cheers!

Best Regards,

Ken Bailey

(SonyKen)

I have noticed that others have built models with J-bot decals that came out about the same time I ordered. I believe that Mr Botanis works on the last in first out method rather than first in , first out.

Well i will wait

Stephen