• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...

Is there a height restriction for signatures? :unsure: Seems some members have signatures (with stacked pics, often multiple GB banners) that will make up almost the complete height of the usable portion of a browser window (around 600 pixels, I reckon, on my laptop at 1280x800). :blink:

I don't want to generally disable all signatures just because a handful of members get carried away.

Edited by ChernayaAkula
Is there a height restriction for signatures?
There used to be:
As an example of an ideal banner size, check out some of the excellent banner work done by our very own Ming Ho (raptor22). If you notice, all of the banners that he has created are 750 x 150 pixels, and this is a good baseline for banner size.

Apparently not any more!

From the group build banners forum, the Jaws banner:

http://s362974870.onlinehome.us/forums/air/index.php?showtopic=232653

"We're gonna need a bigger monitor!"

jaws.jpg

• 2 years later...

I have noticed several HUGE banners/signature pictures lately. I find it really annoying that some people use the signature area as a model showroom with full-size pictures. :bandhead2:/>

Jens

I agree with you. While the monitor resolution has gone up considerably, since this post was written 10 years ago, browsing through banners, that are bigger than the model photos is really annoying. I think 750x150px max should be strictly enforced!

In each post, in the lower left corner, there's the report button. If you see something you don't think is according to ARC rules, just click it, state your complaint, and this will alert the moderators.

• 1 month later...
I find it really annoying that some people use the signature area as a model showroom with full-size pictures. :bandhead2:/>/>/>/>/>

I sure agree. In my opinion, self aggrandizing (business and personal) ARC signature banners are way out of control. Group Build banners are at the top my list (sorry, Pete).

I used to have a small program that filtered out recurring pictures, but haven't used it since a couple of computers ago. Have to go search it out once more.

Gene K

Edit: Found it -- AdBlock. I just set up the extension on Chrome, and it works a treat!

Edited by Gene K