I spend as much time reading ARC posts on my desktop as i do on my laptop so i appreciate the banners being kept to 750 x 150.

Actually, i spend so much time underground in my "bunker" i wouldn't be surprised if i didn't eventually turn into a Morlock :)

• 2 weeks later...

My $0.02

I have 1152x864 resolution settings but I don't maximize my browser window. Why? Becuase it looks like crap when I do. That, and I like multi-tasking, and I like being able to see the icons on my desktop and USING them without minimizing a window.

I LIKE 800x600, because most web pages look nice in it. They look symmetrical without too much blank empty useless space in the middle (because they were needlessly maximized).

800x600. It's not just a good idea. It's the LAW.

;)

I agree - when I was designing web pages we had a hard & fast rule - any page must be visible at 800x600 w/o scrolling horizontally - exceptions were images that opened in new windows. Concepts like that are considered "good netiquitte"

;)

• 1 month later...

Can you also do something about people using more than 1 banner? More and more people seem to be using 2 banners or putting moving images in there. As a 56ker this is killing me (not to mention what it must do to ARCs bandwidth).

I agree with nev, one banner should be enough. :lol:

Also, I find those 'currently building' sigs that run 40-50 lines long to be excessive. Not really a bandwidth issue, just more of a CRS risk from unnecessary scrolling...

• 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Here's how I do it....

Find the banner you want to add to your signature block from someones post. Right click and select properties. Find the path to the image, highlight it and copy it.

Then go to you Controls, select Edit my Signature. Click the IMG button, paste the link to the banner in the dialogue box, click OK.

Then click Update Signature, your new banner should be there.

HTH :(

:D

Guys-

A lot of the banners and sig images are getting out of hand again. I've been editing some of them as I find them, but we ask that everyone stick to a max size of 750 x 150 for banners. It gets annoying having to scroll through a lot of banners and sig images. Thanks for your cooperation.

Guys,

To add to what Steve said, also please have only one image in your signature. If you are part of more than one group build, you'll need to choose one.

We will be editing them as we get the chance. So, please take a look at your sigs and edit them.

Thanks for your cooperation.

Ken

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 8 months later...

I dont really suppose it matters as the problem is resolved but Opera 9 can force a web page to resize to display correctly even when in window that isnt full screen.

It will change the content size to suit.

800x600...

Been a loong time since Ive seen a PC running a resolution that small...

• 2 weeks later...
Sill question, please bear with me cos i am a newbie!!!

How do i actually put a banner on in the first place???

Antony,

select My Controls at the top of the page ...

Then select Edit Signature on the left side menu ...

Then select the Insert Image icon and attach your image url from a hosting site such as Photobucket, etc ...

Then click the Update my Signature button

HTH ...

Gregg