ARC Hornet GB Prize Draw Winners!!

Ok, so now for the moment of truth. First off, I'f like to thank our sponsors once again. Thank you to Canuck Models, F4Dable Models and Fightertown Decals for donating prizes to the GB draw.I'd also like to that AX 365 for donating 3 decal sheets as well.

Now, as was stated in the rules at the start of the build, each complete model you post will earn you one ticket in the draw. So, if you finished 13, you get 13 tickets, finished 8, 8 tickets, etc. So, you will see multiple winners.

If you see your name on the prize list, please PM me your full mailing address and which prize(s) you won, so that I can send out the three prizes I have in hand, from Canuck Models, and also so I can give your mailing addresses to F4Dable Models, Fightertown Decals and AX 365, as they will be mailing out the remaining prizes.

With regards to the Fightertown decal prizes, please visit the Fightertown Decals website, pick the decal sheet you would like (choice of decals 48001 up through sheet 48060), and include the sheet number when you PM me your mailing address.

So, without further delay.

Canuck Models (http://www.canuckmodels.com/)

1x WVD 72 002 CF-188 Hornet Symmetrical Markings

Thadeus

1x WVD 005-72 CF-188 Hornet FIP Era Markings

Rkic

1x WVD 005-32 CF-188 Hornet FIP Era Markings

AX 365

F4Dable Models (http://www.f-4dablemodels.com/)

Decals

3x F-4D 48-001 Export Bugs 1

Alf18

Sledge

phantom

3x F-4D 48-005 Born in the U.S.A. Part 1 - RMAF F/A-18D's

Neo

Alf18

f12aaa

3x F-4D 72-001 Export Bugs 1

Mike C

Thadeus

oggy

6x F-4D 72-005 Born in the U.S.A. Part 1 - RMAF F/A-18D's

Hajo L.

kurnass77

Thadeus

3x F-4D 32-001B Exports A

kurnass77

Thadeus

tsouthern66

Resin

3x F-4D R32-001 F/A-18C/D Update Set

warthoglvr

Thadeus

phantom

3x F-4DR48-001 F-14 LAU-138 BOL rails

phantom

Thadeus

Mike C.

Fightertown Decals (http://www.fightertowndecals.com/)

3x Winners choice of decals 48001 up through sheet 48060

Thadeus

bikerider

Mike C.

AX 365

1xTwobobs Aviation Graphics F/A-18 A/B Shades of Grey Omars

72-068/32-043

tsouthern66

1xTwobobs Aviation Graphics F/A-18C Centennial of Naval Aviation VFA-122 / VFC-12 - sheet 48-230

Colin K

Congratulations to all of the winners!

Edited by Colin K

I´d like to thank the sponsors, I´m one of the happy winners!

I have one question, though: I won a sheet from FTD, who does excellent decals (already used two sheets)- but in the "wrong" scale. Is there any chance to change to a 1/72 sheet? If not, is anyone interested in a 1/48 Fightertown Decals sheet? I´d be willing to swap into anything in 1/72 scale.

HAJO

I´d like to thank the sponsors, I´m one of the happy winners!

I have one question, though: I won a sheet from FTD, who does excellent decals (already used two sheets)- but in the "wrong" scale. Is there any chance to change to a 1/72 sheet? If not, is anyone interested in a 1/48 Fightertown Decals sheet? I´d be willing to swap into anything in 1/72 scale.

HAJO

Hajo.....I'll have to ask Brian at Fightertown if he will switch your sheet to 72nd scale. Having said that, it looks like there are two 1/72nd scale sheets to choose from on their site. http://www.fightertowndecals.com/72ND_DECALS.html

Well done, Colin. Thanks again for moderating.

A note to kurnass77 and tosouthern66...the decal sheets you have won are printed on 1.5 sheets by Twobobs. The 1/72nd scale decals take up about 1/3 of a sheet in an irregular pattern but it is easily cut to separate 72nd scale decals from 32nd scale decals.

Here is an ARC review of this sheet to illustrate what I mean.

http://www.arcair.com/Rev2/1701-1800/rev1726-Twobobs72068/00.shtm

Gents - just so there are no misunderstandings, I am NOT donating half or partial sheets. I have cut them along a dotted line on the sheet in order to send you what you have been awarded in the draw. I will also colour scan, on regular paper, the insert sheet for the decal package. I should have made it more clear that these decals were on 1.5 sheets and not separate items (72nd and 32nd) when I contacted Colin to donate the prizes.

I am posting this note here but I will also PM these gentlemen to inform them of my intentions.

I hope this solution is satisfactory.

Thanks for understanding.

Mike

Well done, Colin. Thanks again for moderating.

A note to kurnass77 and tosouthern66...the decal sheets you have won are printed on 1.5 sheets by Twobobs. The 1/72nd scale decals take up about 1/3 of a sheet in an irregular pattern but it is easily cut to separate 72nd scale decals from 32nd scale decals.

Here is an ARC review of this sheet to illustrate what I mean.

http://www.arcair.com/Rev2/1701-1800/rev1726-Twobobs72068/00.shtm

Gents - just so there are no misunderstandings, I am NOT donating half or partial sheets. I have cut them along a dotted line on the sheet in order to send you what you have been awarded in the draw. I will also colour scan, on regular paper, the insert sheet for the decal package. I should have made it more clear that these decals were on 1.5 sheets and not separate items (72nd and 32nd) when I contacted Colin to donate the prizes.

I am posting this note here but I will also PM these gentlemen to inform them of my intentions.

I hope this solution is satisfactory.

Thanks for understanding.

Mike

Ah crap.....that's my bad guys. Sorry for the misunderstanding. One other thing we could is this. Bigasshammm has said that he doesn't have use for the F4Dable Models decal sheet he won ( F-4D 72-005 Born in the U.S.A. Part 1 - RMAF F/A-18D's), so if one guy wants this sheet, the other can take the entire Twobobs sheet.

Edited by Colin K

Ah crap.....that's my bad guys. Sorry for the misunderstanding. One other thing we could is this. Bigasshammm has said that he doesn't have use for the F4Dable Models decal sheet he won ( F-4D 72-005 Born in the U.S.A. Part 1 - RMAF F/A-18D's), so if one guy wants this sheet, the other can take the entire Twobobs sheet.

As a 72nd guy,I'm more than happy to manage a trade with Big!

Gianni

As I told Colin realistically I'm happy with donating my prize to whoever. I don't have many aircraft kits in the stash anymore and the two Hornets that I do have both have decals and things for them ready. I don't necessarily participate in the GBs for a prize I just like the goal to finish something.

Was a fun GB. Hope to do another.

Got the PM's gents. Thanks for the replies. After reading the posts, am I reading correctly that:

i) Gianni will take the sheet that 'hammm won so I send nothing to him;

ii) tosouthern66 will get the entire 1.5 'Shades of Gray Omars' sheets where he can use the 72nd scale stuff himself and do whatever he wishes with the remainder of the sheets; and

iii) 'hammm is just happy to have been able to come out to play and leaves empty handed?

Murphy's Law strikes again! How appropriate as my last name is Murphy. Go figure...

Mike

Edited by AX 365

Hi all.

Thanks Colin (and other mods and participants) for a great Group Build!

I managed to complete my Hornet in less than 6 months.... somewhat of a record for me.

I also learned from watching the others and got some great tips.

My name is listed as a winner of one of the "F-4D 72-005 Born in the U.S.A. Part 1 - RMAF F/A-18D's"

I don't want to appear ungrateful, but I prefer working in 1:48, so if you wish, I am totally fine adding these back in the pot for someone else who would make better use of them than I would.

Best regards.

Thanks to Colin for being a great mod, and to AX_365 for his donation of prizes, as well as to our sponsors.

I'm sending you a PM tomorrow, Colin, about my prizes. Right now I have to get back to biting my nails over the Junior team's meltdown... :crying2: Hopefully the 3rd period will right the ship again!

It was fun!

ALF

Got the PM's gents. Thanks for the replies. After reading the posts, am I reading correctly that:

i) Gianni will take the sheet that 'hammm won so I send nothing to him;

ii) tosouthern66 will get the entire 1.5 'Shades of Gray Omars' sheets where he can use the 72nd scale stuff himself and do whatever he wishes with the remainder of the sheets; and

iii) 'hammm is just happy to have been able to come out to play and leaves empty handed?

Murphy's Law strikes again! How appropriate as my last name is Murphy. Go figure...

Mike

Ok, cool. I'll make that change in my notes.

If you have not contacted me yet with your mailing address, please do so, ASAP!

Thanks again guys!

My name is listed as a winner of one of the "F-4D 72-005 Born in the U.S.A. Part 1 - RMAF F/A-18D's"

I don't want to appear ungrateful, but I prefer working in 1:48, so if you wish, I am totally fine adding these back in the pot for someone else who would make better use of them than I would.

Best regards.

Hi, I would happily trade my 1/48 FTD-set against your 1/72 F-4D-set!

HAJO

I have won two prizes, but they don't fit with my plans for future builds. Therefore, I am offering them up for anyone who wants them. Please respond quickly, because I want Colin to be able to tie up loose ends quickly on this. Note that I do not have these two decal sheets; they are still at F4Dable models for now, and if you want them, please post in this thread and also PM Colin laying claim to one or both of them so he can give your contact details to the sponsor. These are the two prizes I won, and am giving up the rights to:

Decals

3x F-4D 48-001 Export Bugs 1

Alf18

3x F-4D 48-005 Born in the U.S.A. Part 1 - RMAF F/A-18D's

A public thanks to Colin for hosting an excellent GB.

ALF

As a few others have said, I'm happy to have just been part and build a model within the time period (quite a rarity for me). I would like to offer my prize up to anyone who wants :)/>

"F-4D 72-005 Born in the U.S.A. Part 1 - RMAF F/A-18D's"

Edited by bjviper

Ok, I have PM'd Sledge, Mike C and modelguy2, to let them know they won prizes. If we could get everything finalized by Wednesday, Janurary 14th, I'd like to get mailing addresses to the sponsors so that they can mail out their respective prizes to the winners.

Thank you.

Ok, update. The prizes donated by Canuck Models, I mailed those out today. I have also contacted F4Dable, Fightertown and AX 365 and forwarded mailing address of the winners and what products they won.

I do however still need mailing addresses from Simone (f12aaa) and Mike C. If you are reading this, please check your private messages and respond with your mailing addresses asap.

Other than that, if people could post here once they receive their prizes, I'd greatly appreciate it. If you don't receive your prize after a while, please PM me directly, and I will see if I can take care of the issue.

Once again, thank you to our sponsors; AX 365, Canuck Models, F4Dable Models and Fightertown Decals for your support of the GB. Finally, thank you to all those that participated. We had some great work come out of the build. Again, if you didn't finish your build, keep plugging away and share the completed build on ARC.

Cheers, guys!