Put a little effort into this today.

Here's the plastic

C1D87A62-31B5-4B7D-8D1E-AE5B17097D86_zpszfuh5wbp.jpg

And here's the decals.

7D62E286-6AD0-4792-8672-ED807585062A_zpscv3tos9r.jpg

Has decals for #16 17 18 and 19. Not sure which I'll do yet but for sure one of the ones that has the fiberglass speed nose and painted tail windows.

Glued the wings

1B827791-D434-46C5-943E-F5B544E1C644_zpsypmlrqbp.jpg

Made some modifications to the fuselage and glued it up.

B226D927-2872-4D09-B91B-FBD3003C05C9_zpsgeo5wxli.jpg

Mods seen here include removing chin blister for chin turret, removed mount for ball turret area, and I opened the bomb bay.

AE8E8399-9C27-4285-8875-5D5BE4F79BD8_zpsnmzqhf6t.jpg

I'm thinking in going to try to pose in flight dropping some fire retardant (red cotton) out of the bay. Let's see if I can pull it off.

• 1 month later...

Slight and nothing worth pictures. Finished a bike and a nascar car so between working on them I would do some sanding here and there on the Fort. Wings will go on soon and then finish sanding will commence. Then it'll be off to paint. I have to devise the way to mount it as well in the bomb bay.

When I really buckle down on it it shouldn't be a long build.

Anyone know if there's any prop blurs in 1/144? I checked the actual prop blur company but I didn't see any that small. Not sure may use clear discs but I've never liked that look.

• 1 month later...

I *finally* got around to filling the gaping holes where I removed turrets or there were holes to attach them. Mixed up some apoxisculpt and once that's dry I can finally finish sanding. Then it's just down to attaching wings and primer. Following that if there's no more sanding needed I'll hit it with some gloss black for the final Alclad.

I'm stuck on my supercar for the time being so I'm going to push to give Phantom some company.

Pics later today.

• 1 month later...

Got it painted black. Happy with the shape but kit happy with all the scratches from all the sanding. Going to have to prime it smooth it out and paint it black again probably.

Also mounted the wire that will hold it.

E014C704-C7DC-40DF-A861-0623814FB59E_zpsosctiygs.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

No terribly unhappy with the finish. Been sanding and polishing it down whenever I get a spare second. Then will have to shoot more black and hope it looks better.

Still have to get a base and do some other stuff.

Haven't had terribly much modeling time lately and that Lamborghini is taking up many many hours.

Haven't had terribly much modeling time lately and that Lamborghini is taking up many many hours.

Was having issues with my Ferrari too ......

11174930_903085766401973_4041617635396494368_n.jpg?oh=384ad8b4911ea8ab0b653ac42d39691c&oe=55CE6141

Yeah I loaded that on that airplane....... It's net worth about $40 Million.

:cheers:

Emil

• 1 month later...

I've got 7 days so I'm attacking the 17. Sanded and respected some gloss black on the bottom this morning. May get the aluminum painted later today. Then I can mask and paint the orange. Windows will be hand painted black.

It'll be close but who doesn't work under pressure?

Alas it's not to be. I went to paint the aluminum. I usually use Alclad white aluminum and noticed my bottle was almost empty. Then I find out my LHS shut it's doors may 30 so I'm out any supply runs.

So I had some Alclad full aluminum and that just didn't look right. Then I went over that with airframe aluminum. Still looks weird. I'm going to give it a gloss coat to see if it looks any better then proceed to mask the orange.

Either way it's not going to be done in the next 7 hours.

I'll try n finish it though and not let it linger.

Edited by Bigasshammm
  • 2 months later...

Got the decals on today finally. I had to contact Draw Decal because the black outlines on the fuselage were way too short. He sent me a replacement sheet that has much longer lines so this must have been fixed at some point and I may have gotten an old sheet. Great guy and was super helpful.

Pics later at the in laws right now.

I have to paint the windows and the anti glare. Otherwise make a base for it and try to do the fire retardant that I hope to have coming out of the bomb bay.