That shot was taken just 10 years to the day of my birthday.

So the numbers were painted on the dark panel?

What color were the decks and water line painted? The waterline looks pretty dark to be red.

That shot was taken just 10 years to the day of my birthday.

So the numbers were painted on the dark panel?

What color were the decks and water line painted? The waterline looks pretty dark to be red.

I think the hull number is below the bridge on the side of the hull. This is it as best as I can tell with the quality of the photo in the book:

JJ%20hull%20no.png

Thanks, I've got that part now. I checked the decal sheet that came with the kit and it has very small black numbers and two U.S. flags.

I'm going to figure that a ship like this had metal decks and they would be a dark color like most of the hull. The instructions say a dark gray for the water line.

I was looking at the picture and just noticed that the color of the life rafts depended of where they were positioned of the ship. The rear ones a light grey while the mid ship ones and the lifeboats were a medium gray. I'll have to see what shades I have available.

Thanks for the info. I need all the help I can get on this little one. Between the little resin parts and the P.E. It's getting interesting. When you look at it, it seem to be such a simple design compared to other ships. I kind of wish that it came out in 1.350th too. It would be interesting next to a FLetcher.210000

Thanks for the info. I need all the help I can get on this little one. Between the little resin parts and the P.E. It's getting interesting. When you look at it, it seem to be such a simple design compared to other ships. I kind of wish that it came out in 1.350th too. It would be interesting next to a FLetcher.210000