Airfix Sea King HAR.3

No floor in the back should not be a problem. But what are you going to do for the cockpit? Paint the glass opaque??

Well, the orange panel is the new cabin floor and the green part to the left of it is the cockpit. I salvaged it from the old CH-3 kit. Some trimming, but it works. I worked more on it all yesterday. I'll post some more pics soon. Probably after painting since it was more ribbing/structure.

Jeff

Here is my entry. The kit was missing some bits. Turned out those were the cabin floor & cockpit. Maybe more, I haven't done a full inventory.

Jeff

What kinda CREEP gives you a kit that's missing parts?? I mean HONESTLY! :blush:

Edited by kstater94

Progress continues slowly as this past week at work was busy. Prebrief, fly, debrief and repeat.

After adding more ribbing, I noticed from pics that RAF Sea Kings have interior blankets up on the walls. So I added it using white glue soaked tissue. After a coat of grey paint, it looks decent.

20150107_190120_resized_zpsb1cebe4c.jpg

20150111_200357_resized_zps21032954.jpg

I also worked more on the interior cabin and flight deck. Some struts on the chairs for support and I'm about done since you wont see much more.

20150111_200329_resized_zps17e432fa.jpg

Jeff

Edited by ST0RM

Some progress. Slow, but fun.

20150117_193044_resized_zps50149cac.jpg

20150117_193121_resized_zps66296240.jpg

20150117_193144_resized_zps6d68daa6.jpg

The yellow life raft, first aid bad and knee pad were all made from two-part Tamiya epoxy. Some tape "straps" for the crew are hung from the roof. The aft scanner's seat are wrong, but came from the spares bin and can barely be seen from the outside. Painted orange, they fit the part.

I hope to begin closing it up this weekend.

-Jeff

Had a slight setback tonight. I intended to join the fuselage halves , but when I attempted to mask off the rear scanner bubbles, I just couldn't get them properly covered. Soooo, out they came. I'll prepaint that area of the fuselage, then reinstall the windows and mask the section. Not the best option, but the only one.

Jeff

Thank you Sebastijan.

Got the fuselage closed up last weekend. Been away from home this week, so maybe some progress soon. I ended up going with prepainting a portion of the fuselage around the scanner windows. I'll mask outside that and shoot the rest to blend.

20150125_195528_resized_zpsfdsf3sd4.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Progress while waiting on some bits for my other project.

Mostly seem cleanup and fitting of external parts.

I'll begin straightening the blades tonight. Hot water and time...

Jeff

• 2 weeks later...

Progress continues. Had to acquire another kit for replacement blades as I ruined one trying to straighten them.

Nearly all major sub-components are attached. I just need some food coloring to tint the upper canopy windows.

I'll post up some pics soon.

Jeff

• 1 month later...

What a pity. :o/> It was looking so good.

Thanks. Yeah, but after so much effort to get it that far, the canopy issue could not be overcome. It would have looked horrible. Even from 3 feet ;)

Hopefully some progress on version 2 tonight.

-Jeff

• 1 month later...