1/48 Hasegawa F-4G Phantom II "Wild Weasel"

Hello guys!

This my latest build, a Hasegawa Phantom with many resin addons (cockpit, wheel bays, exhaust, etc.) I borrowed some parts from Academy Phantom boxing (drop tanks, Sidewinder pylons, arresting hook, AIM-7 Sparrow), and the Sidewinders from Kinetic weapons sprue. The decals from the box was very old, and stiff, but i didnt find decals with SEA camouflage to this model, so i must use these... :(/>/>/>/>

DSC_2084_zpsa9d01ae9.jpg

DSC_2086_zps293f5388.jpg

DSC_2090_zps55d36a16.jpg

DSC_2091_zpsb8ec1179.jpg

DSC_2098_zps3b35b292.jpg

DSC_2102_zps71048f1e.jpg

DSC_2103_zps1b1a7b3b.jpg

DSC_2106_zps942a8f2d.jpg

DSC_2109_zps485e56c7.jpg

DSC_2114_zps4121a7d1.jpg

I'm even more impressed now after seeing your extensive pre-shading effort, which certainly paid off big time judging by all the posts praising your outstanding pant scheme and weathering.

Joel

I am big fan of the F-4G ( not as much as the A-10 though!) and this is just an awesome build! I have two of the Hasegawa F-4G kits just waiting while I collect decals (again!). Very inspiring. Thanks for sharing the pre-shading technique that you used. Maybe I can remember to put that in "my toolbox" when I get to painting my current project. If you have a WIP on the boards for this project, please post a link to it. Sorry if I missed it.... you know how these new guys are! Haha.

Edited by taggor