Here is the Obligatory Project Start Pictures.

Jan072015002_zpsa4aa0a7a.jpg

Will be the Yellow Scheme.....

Only Aftermarket will be the Belcher APU.... everything else is in the box.

Can anyone tell me what the search light part number is..... I can't find it.

The CanMilAir decals are surplus so if anyone is interested let me know.

:cheers:/>/>/>/>

Emil

Edited by Emvar

Its one of those parts marked "Not for use". If I remember correctly its a tube shape, kind of like a big camera lens. Can't really describe it as I have been up since 3 am. Might have one in the spare box.

• 1 month later...

Yeah...bags open... Installed the APU. Trying to figure out which holes to open for the CH-113 towel rack on the one side.

Just got some interior painting to do.

I'll have some pictures soon.

I'll pick up that piece from you at Hamilton.

E

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

So I have some time.....and here is my progress...

002_zps7fusczha.jpg

003_zps8jpef5id.jpg

Masked and fitted the Clear parts..... Painted the main Body then removed the nose as the Cockpit is not completed yet.

Also I have a late addition I have sourced the Belcher Sheet from the Ultracast website so I will be using the Main markings from that sheet and Stencil Data from the Kit Sheet also from my spares box. For the Belcher APU I only used the Lower portion and kept most of the Tail.... It was a couple of additional cuts but I think well worth it.

Big Thankyou to Ultracast http://www.ultracast.ca/ Record delivery times 2 Hours from ordering on line to my Door...... Beat that CANPOST. Ha!

Here is a good reference build that I am using.

http://nabe3saviation.web.fc2.com/modelch113.html

:cheers:

Emil

• 4 weeks later...

Ok, Here it is painted and partially prepped.... I have the left side panel lines accented subtly using Tamiya Panel line wash. Will start decaling tomorrow. Here are some pictures..... Oh yeah Rotors will not be glued actually made it so they can be taken apart if needed for storage. Interior complete..... This is not totally OOB and not a show stopper. Critiques as always welcome..... and in the end I think this will go up for sale..... so if you all know someone who flew one or worked on them I'm really only wanting to recover the cost of the kit and the aftermarket on this one.

Sooooooooooooo here goes.

May%2013%202015%20015_zpsbchydtdr.jpg

May%2013%202015%20012_zpsgfcjp0pw.jpg

May%2013%202015%20011_zpstp8vfwzx.jpg

May%2013%202015%20008_zpsyw36su20.jpg

Also I'm leaning towards Symmetrical markings but the FIP looks cool too...

Thanks for looking, and Shawn you still looking for the size 13 boot?

:cheers:

Emil

John,

Haven't drank Labatts beer since I was a teenager. Mill street is nice.

Shawn I think I saw the blades black on the Ottawa museum piece which is what I kinda copied.

Not worried should have the other side decalled next week.

Thanks GretarBill....

Officially the build is done..... have to wait for the clear coat to dry then I will finish any touch ups and paint the ELT. Still have to do the Dash marks around the Emergency Exits And install the Antenna. The kit was built so the rotors are removable from the hubs (good for transport). You can't see the interior as it is buttoned up. There was no aftermarket inside the kit....outside pretty much just the APU/Spot light/and resin ACL lights/also the Belcher sheet. Screwed up the CANADA on the side so I found some old two piece Arrow Graphics decals for the CANADA and the Fire Axe.

So my first one past the finish line in a while..... This is not an overly accurate build as there are many differences between the kit and the actual Aircraft but the representation is close. When I do build this again for my collection it will be a former Voyageur Aircraft with doors open.

005_zps6ybg6fqq.jpg

004_zpskvxhp8tx.jpg

003_zpsbdh6qmgu.jpg

Will post in the finished thread once all the touch ups are done..

One other thing this will be sold......really not looking for much just a recoup of the kit and some aftermarket costs..... So if anyone knows a Pilot or even a Tech it would probably make a great three footer on a desk.

:cheers:/>

Emil

Edited by Emvar

Looking gorgeous, Emil.

What technique did you use for your walkway texture? I like it! It's what I should have done on my Herc.

ALF

Looking gorgeous, Emil.

What technique did you use for your walkway texture? I like it! It's what I should have done on my Herc.

ALF

ALF, You are going to laugh but it's liquid paper. Mask the area you want covered apply the liquid paper....then remove the tape you used to mask before it dries. I painted over it then applied the decal turned out pretty decent.

Use it on my hornet build too.

Cheers

Emil

Hmmm. Maybe a stupit question. But what is liquid paper? The chopper is great. :thumbsup:/>/>

GWG

Tools and tips

Here is a google link to correction fluid or liquid paper as some call it.. I'm sure it is available all over the world in your local stationary store.

Google link

I use the sponge applicator that comes with the fluid to apply.... because it dries pretty fast I also remove the masking almost immediately.

Hope this helps.

Emil