Mirage III/5/50 variants

Hi all,

With the availability of the Kinetic kit and following his topic, I started the 03/01 a PDF file with all one-seater version of this aircraft (except IIIC, Kfir, Cheetah for the moment).

The file can be download here and will be updated regularly with all remark, suggestion and future update (two-seater, Kfir, IIIC/B, etc...)

15603641853_59101c56d1_b.jpg

If there is any translation issue, feel free to tell me.

Thanks for reading :cheers:

Damien

Awesome! Thank you!

What do you mean by "Doubt removal antenna" ?

Also, I think you could add a column stating whether the aircraft has a straight fin leading edge or the VHF antenna extension at the base.

Jorge. :cheers:

Edited by f4h1phantom

Thanks for your comments guys :cheers:

What do you mean by "Doubt removal antenna" ?

This :

Also, I think you could add a column stating whether the aircraft has a straight fin leading edge or the VHF antenna extension at the base

I'll try to find a better translation for the next update with two-seater versions (and somes little correction to the current file).

In my memory, it's not a VHF antenna. In french, we call it "antenne de levée de doute", it's a part of the radio compass/radio direction finder but I'll check it again to be sure :thumbsup:

No problem Jorge.

I found a translation in Dassault website which name it as "Sense antenna". Do you think that is a better translation ?

Damien

Edit : after research, it's look like the good traduction so I'll make the correction :thumbsup:

Edited by dams301

Hi again,

I have been googling a little and it appears most places refer to the extension at the base of the fin as a "HF radio antenna".

Here's a drawing from the SAAF forum:

iiic_vs_iiie_differences.jpg

Hopefully more knowledgeable people (than me) will chime in.

HTH,

Jorge.

I check in "Les monoréacteurs Dassault Tome 2 : Mirage IIIE dans l'armée de l'air" (this 4 books series is a very good reference) :

Mirage-III-tome2.jpg

and it's identify as a "sense antenna". All french people who know the aircraft also talk about it as a "sense antenna".

I don't like to be in doubt, so I'll check again with some friends if they have other reference to be sure about it ;)

Edit :

After some research on ADF/radio-compass, I found that the sense antenna is an HF antenna (between 2 and 23MHz) located in the fairing at the base of the fin. So we are both right :cheers:

Edited by dams301