The workbench of shame

Isn't "I can't work in this mess" sufficient motivation?

That's how I clean out the garage--entropy reigns until I can't stand it any more, and then it gets cleaned to the walls!

Somebody help motivate me to clean this up! I can't work in this mess :crying2:/>/>

And I know some of you guys are just as bad.

Workbench%2520of%2520Shame.jpg

Find places for all the biggest stuff first. Then, separate the smaller things by category (paint, sandpaper, brushes, solvents, etc). After that, invest in containers for them and label those.

Viola! Organization!

I see a game here...

How many kits are on the bench under construction???

I think I see 7

Then there's the stuff that's off the frame :P

For accountability, I'm going to start cleaning up and post pics of progress. Only when it's cleaned up and organized would I start building again.

A recent psych study stated that a messy work area indicated high artistic creativity. Sure you want to clean it up?

:rolleyes:/>/> Dave

Holy crap!!!!! :banana: I must have an extreme level of artistic creativity!!! :whistle:

That one looks neat compared.........

For accountability, I'm going to start cleaning up and post pics of progress. Only when it's cleaned up and organized would I start building again.

If that's the case, send me your unbuilt stuff then. I'll hold on to it for you until you start building again... :)

-Dave

I usually clean up a situation like that by starting with anything that has an obvious place to reside, putting it in its proper place, thus thinning the mess. Once I make/discover a convenient workspace hole, I try and spread the clean from there, by pulling items from the margin, putting them away, progressively enlarging the hole.

That's how I clean out the garage--entropy reigns until I can't stand it any more, and then it gets cleaned to the walls!

I once had to get something from the back of my highly cluttered garage that required me to go through the garage car door to reach it. Access to the man-sized door (which had the car garage door button next to it) was blocked by a significant amount of debris and boxes and clutter that would make a combat engineer wince.

My wife closed the main garage door on me...

Edited by Horrido

For me, a huge part of what makes our hobby so relaxing is cleaning up the bench. I find it extremely therapeutic and love doing it. It gives me a chance to reorganize and think of better ways to do things. I like moving stuff around all the time.

I'd offer help in a heart beat if I lived in your neck of the woods.

Might I suggest this:

http://www.arcforums.com/forums/air/index.php?showtopic=281291

:lol:/>

Seriously though, good luck!

:cheers:/>

Came to post the Shelf Queen thing too :thumbsup:

Tom, just put on some music put on a clock like say 30 minutes, and then do all the cleaning you can in 30 minutes. Helps me get things organized every time. be surprised what you can accomplish in 30 minutes

I have a messy work bench but too messy and it becomes a burden. :(

Somebody help motivate me to clean this up! I can't work in this mess :crying2:/>/>

And I know some of you guys are just as bad.

Workbench%2520of%2520Shame.jpg

I suggest donating to the ol chat room guys, we'll help you clean it up ;)