Hello All

Some time ago Aires started a new range called Aerobonus. Among the many unusual subjects, they have started a range of mascot figures for various aircraft types, so far including the A-7 Corsair 2, MiG-21, and F-14 Tomcat. For me, the best thing was Spooky, the F-4 Phantom mascot. I went and bought 12 of these with a plan in mind. So here are the results of that plan.

First was an unaltered Spooky as in the first picture below. This became

Mr America.

IMG_1214_zpsdcfecee9.jpg

The plan was to alter the rest in accordance with a cartoon I found on the net which showed a series of Spooky's in various national costumes.

So here I present in alphabetical order.

Mr Australia.

IMG_1207_zps5cfccb70.jpg

This was a fairly simple conversion (not), with a typical Australian bush jacket, shorts and hat.

Next up is probably the most difficult conversion.

Mr Egypt.

IMG_1206_zpseae58a53.jpg

A lot of work went into this one, with the headpiece being particularly difficult.

The next one is

Mr. Germany.

IMG_1205_zps714fbad8.jpg

It took some time to get his Pickelhauber (helmet) right, but the greatcoat was easy enough.

Next one is a classic European.

Mr Greece.

IMG_1203_zpse984b600.jpg

This was another hard one to put together. I think I should have taken out shares in Milliput before starting these, might have got a bit of cash back then.

Finally in part one is another difficult one. In the original cartoon, there was one country missing, and this was it. I did a lot of internet searching but couldn't find anything specific for this country, so I chose what you see below. So I present to you.

Mr Iran.

IMG_1204_zps07e12b78.jpg

I did enjoy this one, with the salute a final idea of mine.

Next part 2.

Part Two. 6 More countries, or the fun continues.

This one is an old friend, as it was the first conversion I did, as well as being relatively simple. May I present

Mr Israel

IMG_1208_zpsb50cbf7e.jpg

The fun with this one was doing the camo.

And the next one is.

Mr. Japan

IMG_1209_zps9304f43b.jpg

This one was particularly difficult as the armour is layered, and the only way I could accomplish this was by rolling and shaping milliput sections individually. This one took me 2 weeks to build, but was worth it in the end.

Next up is

Mr. South Korea.

IMG_1210_zpsde4998f3.jpg

This was a simple conversion, with the stovepipe hat being particularly cool.

Following that is the vicious looking

Mr. Spain.

IMG_1211_zpsf0e277ac.jpg

This is the first of two Spookys that is actually armed and dangerous. This was another challenging conversion. It is amazing how milliput can be shaped thinly and hold it's shape while setting, in order to form a cloak.

And now we have Mr Greece's best friend

Mr Turkey.

IMG_1212_zps4a6c61af.jpg

This is another armed and dangerous Spooky. Again, the cloak was formed with flattened Milliput, with a Milliput Fez.

Finally, is my own country.

Mr United Kingdom.

IMG_1213_zps7738919d.jpg

This one is armed with an umbrella (much needed over here, due to our warm and balmy weather).

I hope you enjoy these. I am not a figure modeller, concentrating normally on fast jets, but I have wanted a Spooky collection for a long time, and thanks to Aires I have succeeded in my ambition. Also, I have approached the figures not as serious figures but as cartoons.

Any comments and criticism wil be welcome.

Thanks for looking.

Ted

Those are very cool! Looks like you had a lot of fun with those!

Thanks for pointing these out, I've got to get the Felix mascot (VF-31). Here's to hoping they do a real F-14 mascot...

227px-Original_F14_Tomcat_logo.jpg