Another resin kit from an obscure manufacturer and even more obscure markings.Just the way I like them.The kit in question is a Serbian manufactured Aircast Resin model kit of a Soko J-21 Jastreb in the markings of Republika Srpska Air Force.This is my second single seater J-21 jastreb so far from the same manufacturer.I can only say that this kit is really great and you have a fell that it is a plastic injection molded kit and not a resin stony handmade kit.It fits really great.I made a new light in the nose using clear sprue and some sandpaper.The cocokpit was upgraded with seatbelts and a new instrument panel,hud,side consoles and throttle controls.paints used are MM and revel enamels.The weathering is kept to a minimum.

rna2I8Y.jpg

6QzF4LN.jpg

W36w6dF.jpg

55jCXpe.jpg

3ju4vkZ.jpg

FWDNwSA.jpg

yT0LLp0.jpg

ZQfm7Hz.jpg

MkvhZ7b.jpg

2l3YZ13.jpg

Okay, that is pretty cool! I really like the unique aircraft, and the unique markings you chose to go with. I honestly had to go to the internet... ...wait, I was already here... ...and google the markings and where were from.

This is a neat little build. Thanks for sharing!

Yes he even rescribed the lost panel lines where the fuselage halves meet? NOT! :)/> :)/> :)/>

No, sorry, its not my point, your model is nice, i just commented the wash and panel lines treatment with dark wash, and compared it with more subtle panels done at another model.

Also, deep matte effect is surreal, looks like real SOKO's were at least finnished in semigloss.

Anyway, attractive subject , any producer data/link/source?

RGDS

BvonB

No problem :) There are some modellers like myself that like a bit more contrast on their models :) that is why I always do it like this.Despite the fact that is not 100% according to the real thing.There is always artistic licence when it comes to building model kits.There is not a single built model that is 100% realistic and accurate.If we ware going to do realistic models than there should not be any panel lines and rivets because they simply would not be seen with a naked eye in this scale and we should use a mafnifying lens to see those details.I am not insulted or anything :) the purpose of every forum is to comment,discuss and improve our work with the help of others.the deep matte effect is not that mat in real time.There is a little shine to the model that I simply can not show in my photos(I suck as a photographer).I mixed a 30% glos and 70% MM varnishes to get this result.About the model.The producer is Aircast Resin from Serbia.No FB page,no web page.I bought this model on a competition in Belgrade several years ago.I guess you can buy them on ebay and aviationmegastore from the Netherlands under the name of Lift Here models or something like that.They used to repack this resin kits.

Regards,Dragan

What a odd machine :) You crazy speed builder. ...you make me look looke I drag my builds on forever!

@BvonB

Not that I want to be that guy but you should check the rules for the Displaycase forum... your comments belong in the critique forum really. :)