http://www.paint4models.com/ problem..

I have tried Google and the Adobe Flash forums, but did not find any solutions to this problem...

I am running Win7/Flash player 15, Firefox 22.

When I go to the site: http://www.paint4models.com/, I click on the "Launch the conversion chart" button.

I then get a blue/green screen and nothing loads/runs. The application/program chart does not start/run automatically. The only way to make the application run is to right-click and choose "play".

Is there a way that I can have the Flash player run automatically without having to right-click and choose it? I went into the flash player settings and did not see anything for this. I also went into About:config but did not find anything either.

Thanks for your help.

Scott

CNJC-IPMS

Wow! At least you get a play button.

I have to reload that page several times before I get it to finally work.

Anyway I just decided today it is better to have my own paint chip collection. Do they just use conversion tables from each manufacturer, or do they actually use scientific methods to find the match?

Edited by Lancer512

This seems to be an error within the Flash file itself or the scripts launching it, nothing on your end.

"Is there a way that I can have the Flash player run automatically without having to right-click and choose it? I went into the flash player settings and did not see anything for this. I also went into About:config but did not find anything either."

Your Flash Player is already running and "playing" the file if you will, the issue is with the implementation on the website as that is what dictates playback behavior. It's either not set up correctly or it is expecting arguments fed from the website which it is no longer getting. It seems to have been updated for the last time 5 years ago.

Right clicking and choosing Play is the only way that I know of to force it to work.

But, it is just another of the many "it says this paint matches on the bottle" (or brochure or online "help" ad) type of sites

Someday, when the hobby gets big enough, we should all make a paint chip for each of our paint colors, and send them in to one guy that has "Old" FS 595A, New 595A, B, and C, RAL, BSC, etc, etc, and get visual matches posted up with "actual paint next to actual chip"

And then let each person go look at each match for themselves and decide.

We would eliminate 5,000 arguments per month, and we'd have a place to just link to when someone asks "what color is Blah, Blah Blue?" or "should I buy Testors or Tamiya?"

If we did that, we wouldn't have to "just believe" each other when things like this happen, we could post two photos for each color chip that varied like this from the label to actual color

001-3.jpg

one photo like this, that shows the color the label says compared to the FS, BSC or RAL chip,,,,,,,,and another photo to show the paint chip next to the chip it actually matches

as long as everyone does their chips the same way, mine is an Avery label on cardstock, with two coats of the paint on the label,,which is sort of the same way that Snyder & Short does their ship color chips

this way, monitor calibration is taken out of the question, since the chips are photographed by physically laying next to the paint standard chip,,,,and if you see a match, it really IS one (just like color in real life, we don't each have our eyes calibrated to each other)

just some thoughts,,,,,it is probably too big a project, anyway. Right now, each of us that is doing this for ourselves are re-inventing the wheel ten times a week (if every new paint gets a card, that is),,,,,,I would duplicate and donate the 451 colors that I have in my binder so far

Rex

IMHO, Get rid of the standalone Flash player, way too many security issues and start using Google's chrome browser. it has a internal version of flash and I just went to that paint4models website and it loaded up just fine!

I'm starting to like that as a scheme, I'm getting way to many issues with Firefox lately, it doesn't like saving images off photobucket, won't play some clips on my Facebook news feeds & of course this. I do like its functionality better than Chrome but I reckon I'll get over that.

Steve.