Do-335 A-0 Pfeil - Revell 1/48

Well, I'm new here, so I'll gift you my latest model: do-335 pfeil by Revell

10_zpsf84fa6f6.jpg

5_zpsdcc7e4ae.jpg

3_zps7435b38e.jpg

2_zps26b16b67.jpg

7_zps332c987a.jpg

6_zps1b551f0a.jpg

I've been modelling for 5 years, and I know a lot of techniques, but I'm sure that I need to learn more. So, what do you think? what I must do to improve the next model?

Your model looks fine as far as construction is concerned. I'm picking your colour scheme as a what-if one as I've not ever seen one in this scheme before though I stand to be corrected. German propellor blades in WW2 were usually done in RLM70, Black green colour, not straight black, spinners were too sometimes but were just as often black with coloured segments, spirals etc so not so clear cut. Imho, your tyres are also a bit on the black side. Many model Luftwaffe tyres a sort of mid grey, I'm not of that camp but a darkish/blackish grey colour, like tyres in real life is far more convincing that full black.Weathering, dirtying tyres is a whole different ball game, you either like to or not, I'm not a big fan. I don't know this kit well enough to comment further though I do have an unmade example, the rest of it looks the goods to me.

Steve.

So, for the next german fighter, I must take care with the colour of the propellor blades (use RLM70), with the colour of the spinner, and the tyre colour

Thanks for your comments.

Pd: stevehnz, It's a what-if scheme, because I don't have the correcto colors to do the real one