looking to jazz up hasegawa's lightning and aires only makes a cockpit set for a J model. even though it's a J set, will be accurate or even close enough to be thrown into a G model?

thanks!

You would have to use the control wheel out of the kit as the J model has a different wheel in it. Other than that I think you'd be good to go.

Cheers, Terry

The Aries P-38 set is beautifully molded and has some nice touches. Unfortunately, it is a bit of a hodgepodge of types. While it purports to be a J cockpit, it has the full floor heater of the L-5. The instrument panel is only good for a J-25, but the rear head armor is the early type used until part way through the J-10 block. Back to the instrument panel, there were three different panels used in the G series, and they are a totally different shape than the J and L panels. There is also the gun charging handle and mechanism, which is very prominent in the early cockpits. There is some detail differences in the sidewalls too. So I guess it really depends on how accurate you want to be. It will take some work to make it a G cockpit, but if you just want to put something in there that shows detail, have at it.

John Clements

Aries also makes a P-38F set. It is available on ebay. It still has the L-5 full floor heaters, but does have an approximation of the G-13/G-15 panel and the SCR-274N radio that was used by the P-38Gs on the Yamamoto mission if that's what you're interested in. Maybe a better place to start.

John Clements

I built couple of Hasegawa P-38G's with the Aries resin cockpits couple of years ago.

The cockpits were to deep in that I had to trim the nose gear well some to get it to fit. You can see this after I was done but the person I built it for didn't mind this.

I may have done something wrong but I don't think I did.

The Aires cockpit looks real good though it was not drop fit build.

Rick

I think it depends on what kit your throwing it in. I used an aires pit in my current F-104G build and it hasn't given me any problems. I had to sand a little off the bottom of the tub for the front wheel bay to fit but that was all. yeah, I was a little surprised about it after hearing all the horror stories about their cockpits. I know the phantom pits are hell.

thanks for the info guys!!!!

Edited by randypandy831