YF-23 scale model petitions

G'day, for enthusiasts of the YF-23, I have organised some official petitions on the Revell.de site for new scale models to be released. Please take a moment to add your vote to these petitions and pass on the links to others you know who love the YF-23:

1/72 YF-23: http://ideas.revell.de/ideas/item/6227/

1/144 YF-23: http://ideas.revell.de/ideas/item/6257/

1/72 F-23A: http://ideas.revell.de/ideas/item/6242/

More and more cos are starting to realise that responding to immediate customer feedback is the way to go. Even if Revell doesn't end up producing them, rival companies will be watching these petitions to get ideas themselves. I really think this will work, I've had success with other subjects in the past.

i wish you good luck on that one with Revell'idea thing...

i've take a look at the polls to discover that Revell have started new polls for 2015...

last years "ideas" where rather uninspiring... and i would be really surprised if something ever emerge from those polls!

Well they have announced a DC-4 in 1/72 which was one of the polls and a kit I've been waiting for. I have had considerable success in the past in lobbying manufacturers using direct mail and petitions, via a site I used to have called 72scale.com. MPM's 1/72 F-86H, Italeri's 1/72 C-27J/G.222, Revell's 1/72 Strv 122, various Sea Furies, and the Caracal YF-23 decals are some examples of this. Even if Revell doesn't make them, other cos will take notice of these petitions and make them.

great for you then! wish you luck on that one also!

...even if i'm not concerned in any way with that... as i only build 1/48 (for aircraft)...and Soviet/Russian subject have my preference (even if i'm interested in many other jets, French, British, Canadians... and american...)

my comment on Revell's poll where mostly based on the the remembering of that totally esoteric and uninteresting Polish trainer that seems to have the most votes in last years poll... (i wouldn't blame Revell not taking that route...)

I am not sure I want Revell Germany to do the things I want. If they release a subject I badly want with shape mistakes and trenchy panel lines I would feel most irritated.

I started an "idea" last year about the F-101A/C and RF-101A/C which got a good number of votes. I am not sure now if that was wise at all.

I would prefer to ask Tamiya, Hasegawa, Eduard or Academy to produce the jets I want.

I will vote just because you are asking, and keep my fingers crossed that it is a good product if released.

Best regards,

Jorge.

I agree with all you've both said, I don't see how a Polish trainer would be so popular, maybe the supporter hacked the site and inflated the poll deliberately, and I agree about Revell's tendency to get the shape wrong and plough the panels. However, polls like this indicate a willingness to respond directly to customer demand, and I think that's good news. I'm convinced that once word of this poll site gets around other companies will watch the results and make product planning decisions accordingly. I'd prefer a Revell tooling than nothing at all, and they can do a better job than Italeri. Revell's 1/144 scale toolings (fighter sized) are the most accurate anywhere on the market. Caracal Models are currently the best example of a company responding directly to customer feedback. I think the more we vocalise what we want, the more cos will realise this is the way to go. I've never had any success with Hasegawa, but I've had responses from Revell, Italeri, MPM, and Trumpeter.

This is my opinion of the best most accurate kit producers, in order of best to worst: Wingnut, Tamiya, Eduard, Czechmaster, Hasegawa, MPM, Airfix new tools, Revell, Meng, Dragon, Italeri, Academy, Trumpeter.

In terms of decals: Leading Edge, Isradecal, Caracal, Wolfpack, Canuck, then the rest in whatever order you like

• 2 weeks later...

I agree with all you've both said, I don't see how a Polish trainer would be so popular, maybe the supporter hacked the site and inflated the poll deliberately

It has nothing to do with hacking. It's all about team and social working. The info on this poll was spread among different polish modeling forums and really many people voted and asked other people to vote. I voted and asked other 5 persons to vote. Most polish plastic modelers did the same thing.

The seventh most popular Wikipedia language is Polish. That seems strange too knowing there is only one country in the world where people speak polish. I doubt Wikipedia was hacked.

Edited by DanW