Revell B-17 Build With TD Sets

I have the Revell B-17 Kit and all three True Detail sets, being the cockpit, waist gunner, and bombardier sections. I was really looking forward to the build. I have worked with TD sets many times and always liked them, but the instructions for all three sets are horrible. There are no indications at all as to where the resin parts go on the kit or what detail to remove from the kit. I feel like I must be missing something as all the other TD sets I've used have been great. Have any of you used these sets, and if so, what am I missing?

Thanks

I too am in a build with all three sets. It started out that way. I dismissed the waist section right away as unnecessary for a late G as the kit detail can barely be seen; the resin would just be a waste. It'll go in an F build down the road. And the nose set is a train wreck. No frames on the windows and those are quite misshapen. And the fit is horrible too. I'll use the cockpit as I really don't have anywhere else to use it, but I'll have to open windows to make any of it visable.

True Details screwed the pooch on this one in many ways. Shame too, as I expected better.

Ken

Check your aircraft references as well, specifically with the cockpit side walls. Although soft in detail, the original Monogram flat side panels are accurate. TD has the side walls pushed against the aircaft fuselage, matching the curvature of the fuselage - this is wrong. Just my 2 cents

Happy model building!

Mark.

They're designed for the Monogram kit. You have to grind all the kit detail down to use them of course, so there's really no road back once you've committed to it.

Ken