Finished 1/35 Canadian AVGP Husky.

Hello all,

I just finished my 1/35 Trumpeter Canadian AVGP Husky armored recovery vehicle. Well, finished enough I should say. There are still some nit picky things that I could do and probably will eventually. But what was supposed to be a quick build languished far too long and my motivation waned. So, I determined to get it "display case ready" rather then be relegated to the shelf queen line of shame. Please feel free to check out my in build progress/in build review here on ARC and comment if you so desire:

http://www.arcforums.com/forums/air/index.php?showtopic=280520

Please excuse my terrible photography:

IMG_20150114_100253552.jpg

IMG_20150114_100821417.jpg

IMG_20150114_100048440.jpg

IMG_20150114_095931107.jpg

IMG_20150114_095947193.jpg

These vehicles had a blotchy/splotchy finish to them with the green camouflage weathering differently all over the hull. I tried to duplicate that with varying shades of the base green.

This was my first use of Mig Pigments for the mud and dust. I normally use pastels but have been encouraged by some local club members to try Mig Pigments. My goal was to achieve a partially dried mud affect on the Husky, sort of like its been parked for a little bit after a day of slogging through the field on maneuvers. Because of the vehicles design, mud and filth rarely was found on the upper hull above the horizontal hull seam (key word there was "rarely"). Hence the dirty lower hull and relatively clean...within reason...upper hull on my model. For my first time using the Mig Pigments I am pleased, but I know I have a great deal of room for improvement (a LOT actually).

I need to source out some stowage as the Trumpeter kit doesn't include any. This will bulk up my Husky. I also need to add some foil straps here and there. But as I posted above...she's at least cabinet worthy and I can and will go back at a later date.

Thank you for looking. Comments welcome.

Kind regards,

Don.

Don,

You know it's something in my to do list....have a 1/72nd version. Besides I don't think they were deployed (I may be wrong) but you don't need anything else. I really would not worry about stowage. Looks the part from my view.

Armour is a nice diversion from aircraft..... just don't tell that to the armour guys eh.

:cheers:

Emil

Don,

You know it's something in my to do list....have a 1/72nd version. Besides I don't think they were deployed (I may be wrong) but you don't need anything else. I really would not worry about stowage. Looks the part from my view.

Armour is a nice diversion from aircraft..... just don't tell that to the armour guys eh.

:cheers:/>

Emil

LOL our secret. In all my research for my Husky I never came across any mention of it ever being used outside of Canada. I find it strange that at least one or two wouldn't have accompanied Canadian Grizzlies and Cougars on UN peacekeeping missions. But again, I never found any info stating that they did.

The Husky did however get deployed...although not directly by the Canadian Army. Although CF personnel did deploy with it an other AVGP's in a training/advisory role. Check it out...a WHITE Husky:

http://www.casr.ca/bg-army-armour-avgp-darfur.htm

Cheers Emil!

Don.

Don,

Interesting read, Thanks for the link.

Reminds me of the days of the FN C1 rifle and the FN C2 LMG solid green uniforms.

:cheers:/>

Emil

Never a fan of the FN myself. But the solid green fatigues with the two breast pockets meant to hold an FN magazine each I was partial to. I have one hanging in my closet...the fatigue coat not an FN... :lol:/>

Cheers!

Don

Edit: I wish we had modern Canadian figures in 1/35. I would also like Canadian figures from the late 70's until the early 90's...hey a guy can dream . :rolleyes:

Edited by Don