CD72122 - 1/72 C-47 Dakota

FWIW, Avalon did 1/72 and 1/144 sheets that included ChardiE. There are apparently some diecast incarnations. But, even though I love those markings and used the 1/144 decals in a build, I've never seen primary evidence of it.

Rocketeer did 1/144 decals for Camel Caravan to Berlin; AFAIK, the company's gone. Franklin Mint did a 1/48 diecast.

A Dakota is a real classic airplane! I like it! Actually building on in 1/48 Monogram. But I prefer postwar Daks and something else than olive drab. So now it will be an indonesian one. You will get my attention when you think about non-USAF Dakotas in 1/48. 1/72 is simply too small for me 😉

But after releasing a 72 sheet, think about a 48 sheet. Revell released the AC-47 lately and it is a good base for a transporter, too. Especially they added a new sprue (ofc. with the gunship add-ons) AND the late style props!! No need to butcher a Monogram B-17 for props anymore, hehe.

Wow nice Dak Phantom. I had forgotten about that scheme and now it looks like I have to get yet another Monogram C-47. I have four in the stash adn all earmarked for schemes already. Although having said that maybe I can change my Dak with the 104 nose to this one.

By the way I am guessing you pieced together the markings? What did you use to do that?

• 3 months later...
On 11/29/2018 at 3:24 PM, skyhawk174 said:

Wow nice Dak Phantom. I had forgotten about that scheme and now it looks like I have to get yet another Monogram C-47. I have four in the stash adn all earmarked for schemes already. Although having said that maybe I can change my Dak with the 104 nose to this one.

By the way I am guessing you pieced together the markings? What did you use to do that?

I used the Canmilair sheet, sadly Bill has gone out of business.

On 3/23/2019 at 7:08 AM, phantom said:

I used the Canmilair sheet, sadly Bill has gone out of business.

Thanks for the info. I think I have some info on that tug in my reference.

I think I can cobble together those markings from my stash of Canadian decals. By any chance can I get a shot of the bottom and starboard side?

Thanks

11 hours ago, skyhawk174 said:

Thanks for the info. I think I have some info on that tug in my reference.

I think I can cobble together those markings from my stash of Canadian decals. By any chance can I get a shot of the bottom and starboard side?

Thanks

Bottom look just like the top, 6 Roundels.

Ysc8pWV.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
6 hours ago, KursadA said:

It's really nice - any ideas on what the badges on tail are?

The 21st was assigned to the 374th Troop Carrier Group, and the badge on the bottom resembles the badge currently used by the 374th Operations Group, though the blue/yellow colors are reversed. 

The uppermost badge appears to be that of the US Far East Air Forces.

• KursadA changed the title to CD72121 - 1/72 C-47 Dakota

I changed the name of the thread to CD72122 - 1/72 C-47 Dakota.  I will try to release this sheet in the first half of the year. Thanks for the suggestions, and please keep them coming. 

Edited by KursadA
  • KursadA changed the title to CD72122 - 1/72 C-47 Dakota