Bf-109G-2/Trop Cockpit question

Hello Everyone,

I am in need of some expert advice on the cockpit of the Bf-109G-2/Trop cockpit layout, specifically on whether or not it had the distinctive yellow fuel line running along the starboard side of the cockpit like the G-6. The research I did online only confused me even more. I first started out looking in the Squadron books on the E and G variants, and the cockpit photos in the Squadron Me-109G Walkaround specifically calls out the G-6 cockpit in the photos and it shows the yellow fuel line. However, it also shows a photo of a Me-109G that was used by the Swiss, and it doesn't show the yellow fuel line. I then when to the Web, and found photos that are labelled as a G-2 cockpit, a few don't have the yellow fuel line, and others do. I initially thought that Trumpeter had gotten it wrong by not including the fuel line, as Revell does in their recently released G-6 kit, but the research I've done has left me thoroughly confused. Any help that you may have in trying to help me determine if I need to add the fuel line, or if it's correct the way it is, will be greatly appreciated.

Here are a few of the photos that I came across that have lead to this dilemma:

Bf-109G-2 Cockpit with yellow fuel line:

http://www.jagdgeschwader4.de/index.php/flugwerft-hauptraum/jaeger/messerschmitt-bf-109/g-2-14753

Bf-109G-2 Cockpit without yellow fuel line:

http://www.largescaleplanes.com/reviews/Revell/Bf109G4/Bf109-cockpit3.jpg

Website from which above photo came from:

http://www.largescaleplanes.com/reviews/review.php?rid=919

Hi Marvin

It is my understanding that all Gustavs, including the Bf 109 G-2/Trop that you are interested in, had the yellow fuel line with a clear section so that the pilot could visually check the fuel flow mounted along the starboard side. I hope this helps.

Horrido!

Leo

Just a quick point. That looks like an modern(ish) airworthy example based off of the radio mounted near the top of the panel. The fuel line may be removed to make it easier and/or safer to fly.

Sean

EDIT: in fact, on second glance, you can make out the REG on the radio itself, G-USTV. Here is a picture of it a5763868-222-Me109G-2-G-USTV-px800.jpg?d=1368042612

Edited by martin_sam_2000

Were there ever any variants of the Gustav that didn't have the yellow fuel line running through the cockpit?

No. All Gustavs were equipped to carry a drop tank and had this fuel line.

This is from the "parts list" for a G-2.

plumbing_1_zpse68ce55d.jpg

Cheers

Steve

No. All Gustavs were equipped to carry a drop tank and had this fuel line.

This is from the "parts list" for a G-2.

plumbing_1_zpse68ce55d.jpg

Cheers

Steve

Thanks Steve,

For the information. I will have to scratch build the line for the Trumpeter kit.

QT