French Carrier heading out, Rafale in action?

Rafale M's didn't start operating over Lybia until day 5, but the Air Force ones were involved from day 1.

They were actually used on the first day, I think they were apart of the first strike package, but I'm not 100% sure on that.

They were actually used on the first day, I think they were apart of the first strike package, but I'm not 100% sure on that.

Hmm, I seem to remember that on the very first missions it was Armee de l'Air only, with Rafales and Mirage 2000's, and that the Aeronavale ones joined later. This pages suggests that the Aeronavale joined on the 2nd day: Clickie

Were those Rafales Armee de L'Air, La Royale, or both?

La Royale? France has been a republic for quite some time now. Do you mean Aeronavale?

Yemen? Russia? Syria?

Indian Ocean, along with a British ship (HMS Kent)

Edited by Pete

Hmm, I seem to remember that on the very first missions it was Armee de l'Air only, with Rafales and Mirage 2000's, and that the Aeronavale ones joined later. This pages suggests that the Aeronavale joined on the 2nd day: Clickie

The Rafales launched from France on the first day.

Edited by fulcrum1

The Rafales launched from France on the first day.

Correct, but not the Rafale M that the Aeronavale uses. They flew their first sorties (recce) 3 days later like Pete said.

http://rafalenews.blogspot.com/2011/09/libya-rafale-stats.html

http://rafalenews.blogspot.com/2011/03/first-rafale-m-mission-over-libya.html

The Rafale M was the first Rafale version to go to a combatarea though, when they flew missions over Afghanistan in 2002.

Edited by Koen L

Trigger,

Don't forget the ACE kits. IIRC the instructions aren't in english, but, you could always use the ones from the revell page or 1999.co. Just a thought.

One of these days I have to buy a 2 seater and make that awesome whatif JR scheme