I am going to get this thread started, although it may take a week or two before I get started with the plastic. This will be Monogram's kit built using CanMilAir decals and the resin clipper nose that was made by Scott Mc Tavish.

Stay tuned for the beginning of the project!!

Sean

What is that exactly ??

This: dsc2995.jpg

There was a gentleman, Scott Mc Tavish, from out west who made resin noses in 1/48th for this conversion. I got mine a few years ago and was told they were the last three he ever made. They are a little rough due to mold degredation, but with a little work they will look good.

Sean

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

no new uploaded pics yet, But I got the nose glued in yesterday and puttied. Gonna do some sanding today and maybe a quick primer blast to check the fill job.

Even with the resin nose it is a tail sitter so I need to add a bit of weight to a temp assembled model so I can make sure she will sit right. I think I will install a square tube into the rear fuselage so I can mount it to a stand without it spinning, and have it weighed to sit on its wheels right. This will give me options down the road depending on how shelf space pans out.

I should have some pics uploaded tomorrow so stay tuned for updates.

Sean

Sean,

Coming along nicely. The interior looks good. I have a Canso on my list of 'todo' this year (probably Hornell's). Any issues with the kit that I should take note of? (aside from throwing a lot of weight up front).

Looking forward to seeing the paint job.

Cheers,

David

Sean,

Coming along nicely. The interior looks good. I have a Canso on my list of 'todo' this year (probably Hornell's). Any issues with the kit that I should take note of? (aside from throwing a lot of weight up front).

Looking forward to seeing the paint job.

Cheers,

David

nope.. goes together nicely. just need LOOTTSSSS of weight up front!!! I'm not even sure the gear could support the amount of weight needed to make it sit right.

Sean

• 2 weeks later...

Got some more work done..mostly to do with the clear parts. They are all in installed and masked. I painted them interior green today, but there are no pictures of that yet.

065.jpg066.jpg067.jpg068.jpg069.jpg

I am hoping I will get this primed in the next little while. I can start to see the painting stage on the horizon.

Sean

• 1 month later...