Sean,

Interesting subject, I have one of these kits in the stash as well (in 1/48). It is the Vietnam version however so I would have to come up with some decals... The CanMilAir ones are the only available ones I know of (but no SAR) however they come at a premium price and I do have the basic decals to do up a RCAF variant like THIS.

Did anyone make the RCAF SAR variant decals in 1/48?

David

• 1 month later...

I have decals from Hobby craft themselves that look rather nice. They are form the pre AB roundel last three era. Going to use them for my build but it might wait for the ski/floats GB. Have more helos to build for THIS GB then I thought.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

A few pics I uploaded the other day. They show the interior painted and weathered.

013.jpg

014.jpg

015.jpg

016.jpg

I have since gotten the fuselage glued and puttied and the floats puttied and everything sanded. Gonna glue the windscreen in today ( not looking forward to it BTW based off the previous posts). I still need to make a set of beaching gear, which I may work on today just to get it out of the way.

Sean

Edited by martin_sam_2000
  • 2 weeks later...

Got some work done on this. All the windows are masked, and I got the fuselage and the floats primed. Ill be finishing off the wings and getting them installed soon. Oh..and I know the float beaching gear is most likely NO WHERE NEAR ACCURATE, but I couldn't find any good references, so I put that all together using spare gear legs and wheels from my closet.

030.jpg031.jpg032.jpg033.jpg034.jpg035.jpg036.jpg

Painting soon!!

Sean

Edited by martin_sam_2000
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Some progress. After a Vacation and being super busy at work, I got back to it and got some paint down. So far it is just the white and Day-glo areas, but I am hoping to get the aluminium painted soon.

pictures:

042.jpg

044.jpg

045.jpg

047.jpg

037.jpg

038.jpg

Sean

I'm struggling to compleat one model, but you're working on two! Ohh my god. :doh:/>

GWG

I tend to build in batches of similar aircraft. Buncha Spitfires, buncha P-51s..It works in thus case since they both have more or less the same colour scheme.

I have most of the decals done and should have some updated photos in a few days.

Sean

I tend to build in batches of similar aircraft. Buncha Spitfires, buncha P-51s..It works in thus case since they both have more or less the same colour scheme.

I have most of the decals done and should have some updated photos in a few days.

Sean

B)/>