[Trumpeter 1/72] ZIL 157 Soviet Fuel Truck

Hi,

First, I wanted to do a quick build, a little model to come with some soviet planes.

I left this build few months during 2014. It came back on my workbench because I wanted to test some new skills of weathering to help me on finishing my Topol.

At least, it's not so bad. Many mistakes, my building was too fast, the finishing touch are far from perfection !! But I like it.

img_9900.jpg

img_9901.jpg

img_9902.jpg

img_9904.jpg

img_9907.jpg

img_9908.jpg

img_9909.jpg

img_9910.jpg

img_9911.jpg

The complete build can be found there : http://maquette72.free.fr/articles/2014_103_zil157_trump/index103_pap.php

Please, don't be afraid to give me your opinion about this build. I don't use very well all the skill needed for this kind of vehicules and its weathering. I make planes most of the time. So, all your opinions will be great for me.

Thanks,

Alain.

Edited by colossusfr

Lovely piece of work Alain.

Clear pieces in this scale can be crude and it would be my only complaint. workarounds i've used so far are clear folders which are thin enough or better, simply use testors clear part cement and / or watered pva glue, you can make windows out of these using this method:

it doesn't have to be that exact same product, in fact i have never even used it, but achieved results with testors clear parts cement and watered pva glue just the same.

Nice work on that little kit :thumbsup:! I think you did a great job varying the green colors to add texture. With regards the clear parts, there is a product here in North America called Pledge Floor Wax (used to be called Future Floor Wax). I know it...or something like it is available in Europe called Johnson's Clear (I think?). Anyway, if you can source some out it works great for helping to make clear parts more clear. You simply dip the clear part in the clear floor wax and let it dry. It fills in scratches and small imperfections and helps to make not-so-clear parts more clear. One bottle lasts forever...mine is 20 years old!

Anyways, well done!

Regards,

Don.