1001modelkits in Ark-An-Sas - USA -

Theoretically picked up an Aires Avenger detail set with this seller on nov. 6th. via paypal ($46 incl.int shipping) Some guy i talked to gave me a $5 discount on the item so it could be shipped to me under the tax free limit. Thanks i guess. Well they had the one in stock initially (the one i bought from them) Then later some other guy says "hey, we can`t ship this item to you after all" And then they gave me the opportunity to wait for it as they expected it in within several weeks and i opted to wait. Now one week ago i get yet another email whoopsedoo "hey we can`t ship this item to you afterall. We will refund you quickly" No names, nothing. There were a few more emails in there i have not mentioned, but i get the distinct feeling they are verbally mocking me and giving me the runaround not to mention this is looking more and more like robbery in open daylight. Paypal can `t help out as they quote they have a 45 day limit on their complaints. I wonder why it`s not 46. So far just wanted to vent this here on arc air. I am a very patient guy so i am not mad, just very disappointed. I hope they will refund my money soon. Anyone else in here who has shopped with this company? (preferably overseas customers)

Yours Vengefully,

Bjoern in Norway

Edited by breadneck

i had a horrible experience with the same company. i'm in the USA and they told me the item i had ordered which was listed as in stock was coming from their warehouse in Europe. they messed around with me for a month and i bugged them until they finally refunded me my payment. they list hard to find items as in stock and take your money. i would avoid them completely. they have numerous websites based in different countries but they all start with the 1001***

Concur with you all. Bought a decal sheet (oop Two Bobs) sheet and it ended up costing me almost $50.00 after several delays, runaround excuses, and added-on "additional handling charges" after the initial purchase. I finally got the sheet and through a miracle, was refunded the " additional charges" by a sympathetic PayPal . My advice? Have NOTHING to do with these guys. Just as our Norwegian friend said, these guys are here to take your money and then give you the runaround. If you like getting stiffed, then solicit them. Chances are they really don't have that rare or OOP item your looking to buy anyway! So beware!

Foxbat

I've purchased some Gunze paint from them, no issues. A day after the order was placed, they notified me the it would take about 3-4 weeks, and true to their word the package arrived after three weeks.

Mike

It seems paypal has extended their customer complaint period to 180 days. The word on the street is this kicked into effect around mid november. Lucky me i guess!! Please correct me if i`m wrong but the grapevine is usually a very reliable source of information ;-) Well 1001, if you`re reading this, we have a bad trader forum here and you`re name and number is due in there any time now.

Peace love & a few waffles.

Edited by breadneck

Weekend bump y`all. Anyone who can confirm these people have a physical retail store in Centerton Arkansas? I had a peek at their website and a link to facebook appears. Seems more customers who has yet to receive what they have paid for. And all this while they at the same time promises quote "Our cutting-edge logistical platform guarantees that your orders will be placed securely and shipped fast"

https://www.facebook.com/1001modelkits

The address on their website is just a house in a residential area in Centerton. Not very promising.

Edited by breadneck

On the german version, it lists the following associated shops. It is a french company located in Paris. However, 1001modelkits.com does claim to have a warehouse in Arkansas. Probably just a mailbox address to handle the imported goods.

I personally don't think this shop is a serious business.

1001modellbau.de

1001modelkits.com

1001modellini.it

1001maquetas.es

1001modele.pl

1001modelbouw.nl

1001modelos.pt

1001modelkits.co.uk

Edited by Lancer512
  • 2 weeks later...

I've got a PayPal dispute in for a set of resin wheels I ordered almost three weeks ago listed as in stock. Where they are in stock is another matter altogether. Their website implies that items are in the US, but that is not the case as I received a message after buying that it's coming from Europe apparently. Best to avoid these scammers.

Thanx all for the info, I was thinking of going out on a limb and giving them some business, as they have been around for quite a while now, and have some eye catching offers of kits and such not readily available in other places; however to date there has only been non-favorable posts, comments, or reviews anywhere (apparently their offers are just that too good!!!).

Edited by #1 Greywolf

From time to time I'm googling my decal brand name to see if there are any reviews or builds using my decals I don't know of. I have noticed that those 1001blabla websites list most of my releases, including limited ones and they list them as if they have them in stock (they state "X items" under the add to cart button), however with "available in 8-10 days" label. As they didn't buy anything from me directly, I was digging a bit deeper and it seems that this number is the same as the stock quantity listed for those items at Hannants website. So most likely this is the kind of e-shop that has everything "in stock", however the "in stock" actually means in manufacturer's warehouse in Beijing...