1:72 Hasegawa B-47E

I set myself a goal that I would report in regularly on this build to keep myself motivated (and not distracted on other kits as well). I still need to set up a photobucket account and take some shots of the build, hope to get to that this week.

I had a slew of kits that closed on ebay this week so a lot of free time was spent taking car of that!

Progress this week:

1) Got the white undersides painted, had to do some research on what the undersides of the wings and stabs looked like. Found some balck and white photos in the "B-47 In Action" book that show that the entire underside was not painted white in the timeframe of what I am building. Only the portions of the undersides were white. I will paint all of the colors (white, radome, tail band) then mask and paint the alclad.

2) Painted the Pavla Resin Seats. The photos I could find of the cockpit show the seats as a kind of dark green / semi-metallic laquer looking color. I was able to replicate this with a mix of a Humbrol Dark green color (I will get the number, I use it for wheels on russian aircraft) and Testors Graphite metallic. Looks good to me, I will get a photo uploaded.

FWIW, I've had good luck using a silver color as a base coat for white. So, if you're going to do an otherwise NMF, you may want to do that first. White covers quite nicely over that v. grey plastic or primer.