Folks, Vince Maddux and his family could use our thoughts and prayers this week. His father is in UAB Medical Center in Birmingham with cancer in an advanced stage. I spoke to Vince this evening, and they're making his father as comfortable as they can. I'll keep this post updated as I talk to Vince.

Edited by MHaz

Give Vince and family my best wishes, and support; I hope this is one they can beat, and I hope they caught it at a time when it can still be stopped. I will talk to the man upstairs and ask for divine help for his father.

Edited by #1 Greywolf

I would like to thank everyone for their prayers and thoughts at this sad time for me and my family. Dad had had a rough 2 1/2 years with his battle with cancer. He was in great pain till yesterday and after they started hi doses of morphine he slept soundly for the first time since last Thursday. He passed quietly in has haven of sleep around 11:30 this morning.

All of this seems unreal, Like every boy I thought my Dad was invincible. I'm sure it will hit me hard in a couple of days. Till then I have arrangements to take care of all his property .

Its going to be a long and strange week.

I would like to thank everyone for their prayers and thoughts at this sad time for me and my family. Dad had had a rough 2 1/2 years with his battle with cancer. He was in great pain till yesterday and after they started hi doses of morphine he slept soundly for the first time since last Thursday. He passed quietly in has haven of sleep around 11:30 this morning.

All of this seems unreal, Like every boy I thought my Dad was invincible. I'm sure it will hit me hard in a couple of days. Till then I have arrangements to take care of all his property .

Its going to be a long and strange week.

I'm sorry for your loss, I hope the healing process improves assists your family.

Stay strong Vince. I imagine that the toughest part for someone in your shoes is getting the business end of a death wrapped up. It can take weeks and months to to make arrangements with funeral homes, cemeteries, churches, insurance companies, and family. These things are tough in the immediate aftermath, but someone has to do them so that the rest of the family can start the mourning process.

It's a very steep responsibility. It's one I face because my mother is also fighting cancer. Since she is single, she made me the executor of her will because she trusts me the most. This is a tough prospect for me because I am a struggling student living nearly 200 miles away from her, but it can be done.

Vince, your family has my hopes and wishes.

Vince there is nothing I can say to make it easier, just know I'm praying for you and family to get past this as easy as possible, and you have my condolences.

Edited by #1 Greywolf

Vince...it is a difficult thing to lose a parent. When my Dad died...a friend here on ARC told me to not think of him as gone...he is very near. Think of him as being in the next room.....there is no door to his room....but he is still close. Take one day at a time...there is a healing process involved that takes time.

All my very best to you and your family at this very numbing time.

we got the funeral arrangements made today. Sadly my father didn't have much in the way of life insurance,but we plane to sell his truck to cover final expenses. Like I said Dad never had much but he was a master mechanic,if it had a motor here could fix it and make it run. One he took his Ford Ranger pick up and put a Chevy 350 in it and made all the Chevy to Ford conversion parts himself. The greatest gift he gave me and my brother was his knowledge. I remember repairing my first car when I was 10. Over the years when I got my first car (84 Monte Carlo) and drove the wheels off it,blew the engine, he didn't just put one in it, He helped me rebuild a 350 from the grown up and ran like a Swiss watch. Since then I have build many motors and I am able to tackle any car repair that's thrown at me. Believe me I have a lot of friends ask me to help with their car problems.

I guess its starting to get real now. I was driving through town and my check engine light came on, I knew what it was, but I thought I need to ask dad about it.......... well,what can I say

Some wise & kind words there Vince from many but especially from Steve (sbarc) & estco. These very much reflect my own experiences, its 12 years since my Dad passed away, there're still questions I want to ask him but I still feel his presence in my & my sons lives. I imagine from what you say his last times were harrowing for you & that is the memory that is uppermost for you now. When the arrangments you must make are dealt with & you have time to reflect, you will find that the harrowing thoughts will be replaced by the good memories. The mind is a wonderful thing like this. Take care & stay well.

Steve.

Vince,

MY sincerest sympathies and condolences for your loss.

Prayers will be said for you and all your family.. :pray:

I am sure your Father is smiling at you and with you at all times.. .keep him in your heart and memory.

I feel that way about MY Father who passed away while I was still young so be strong...

God bless . :salute:

My condolences, Vince. I lost my dad 5 weeks ago, suddenly and unannounced. The hurt is starting to wear off, the constant confrontation with the fact that he's no longer there is something that will probably never go away.

I wish you and your family much strength in these dark days.

Peter.