Cathay Pacific Hong Kong Trader color Question

Hi Mike

I did a Hong Kong Trader build last year - here is a link to my build B748F Hong Kong Trader.

These are the paint mixes I used for the fuselage custom colours:

Light Grey - 75% white, 25% light grey plus a dash of mid blue.

Light 'Cathay Mermaid' Green - 45% white, 45% light grey, 5% mid blue and 5% dark green.

Regarding the Nazca decal, there is an error on the 'Skyline'. The cut-out in the skyline for the large white Hong Kong Trader logo should be different on each side. Its simple to rectify by just cutting and moving a small section of skyline.

Hope this helps.

Best of luck with your build.

Tim

Tamiya AS-5 Luftwaffe light blue is a very close match if my monitor is not deceiving me. I held the decal set up to the screen and the Blue/Green diamonds seem the same to my eye. I ordered a can. If not.... mix it myself and airbrush it is. :D/>

According to some conversion charts, this is equivalent to FS36473, which doesn't seem far off, maybe a little dark. Maybe you could try FS36375 too, or somewhere in between.

One thing to note is that the rear fuselage should be the same colour as the diamonds. Re-do them in the same colour for a perfect match and you're good to go.