CD48080 - F-15C/D Lakenheath Eagles

CD48080 will be a 1/48 sheet featuring three F-15Cs and one F-15D from 493 FS "Grim Reapers" based at Lakenheath. It is currently being printed and will be part of my February batch of releases.

The aircraft on the sheet are:

-F-15C 84-0027 (unit flagship, 2 kills (Mirage F-1 & MiG-29))

-F-15C 84-0019 (2 x SU-25 kills)

-F-15C 86-0156 (2 x MiG-29 kills)

-F-15D 84-0044

Profiles and sheet image coming this weekend.

cd48080promo.jpg

The entire 48th belongs to us here in Britain. They're ours and we're keeping them. You can send fresh crews and aeroplanes as you wish, but the wing belongs to us. So there! Call it an unending cultural exchange. The F-15's are nice, but personally I think we should never have allowed you to have the F-111F's back. :woot.gif:

Here is what the sheet will look like. Before anyone asks; the larger yellow badges are for the intake covers (warning: humongous image) I will certainly do it in 1/72 at some point (perhaps combined with some F-15E markings).

A308c7H.jpg

Edited by KursadA

Thanks - to be fair, intake cover markings for this unit have been done before on an older sheet by another company. I will try to include them in the future whenever i have enough references.

Edited by KursadA

Kursad,

Can we expect LN Strike Eagles in the future too?

I'd like to see decals for the WG/OG jets with the current style of tail markings....hardest part is nailing down the right tails...in recent years they seem to change every month(OK I exaggerate...but they do seem to swap them around a lot)

Lasttime I visited LN late last year 91-0309 was the WingKing, last week I see 91-0311 is now the WK jet.

Kursad,

Can we expect LN Strike Eagles in the future too?

I'd like to see decals for the WG/OG jets with the current style of tail markings....hardest part is nailing down the right tails...in recent years they seem to change every month(OK I exaggerate...but they do seem to swap them around a lot)

Lasttime I visited LN late last year 91-0309 was the WingKing, last week I see 91-0311 is now the WK jet.

I will have to draw them for a 1/72 sheet. I am not ruling out a 1/48 sheet, but my release schedule is packed full for the next few months with sheets for new kits.

• 2 weeks later...