CH-146 Tiger Griffon

Starting up a CH-146 424 Tiger squadron Griffon. Now, this one could have been built for the SAR GB but as I like to participate in as many of the ARC GBs as I can I figure THIS will work.

Itelari CH-135 Twin Heuy being modified with Belcher Bits resin and Canmilair decals.

DSC_0808.jpg

Excuse the blurry shot, my eyes are not what they used to be of late.

Photo bucket is playing games. Had a photo of the cockpit and pre resin but they won't load.

Anyway. Here is the main body with the Belcher Bits resin engine housing, Also the resin thing under the nose hood and the GPS. All of it is simple drop in place. Especially the big resin on top.

DSC_0810.jpg

Yeah, those blades look "interesting".

So far this is SO much easier then the Cormorant. I have flown in Griffons and Twin Hueys. Always thought they were big till I finished that Cormorant. This kit so far is much easier.

DSC_0812.jpg

Hmmmmm..... Wondering if I should continue with a 424 (CFB Trenton) Tiger or go for 439 (CFB Bagotteville) Tiger with Tiger stripes on the tail.........

Weird how both RCAF Tiger squadrons now fly SAR Griffons.

I do not do close ups often. But I really like the way this spotlight turned out. A lamp from the spare box and another piece of twisted clothes hanger for the support arm.

Just finished the rotors and they are drying so hopefully can finish this tonight.

DSC_0815.jpg

The resin rotor base fell apart. Its just too thin. So I used the kit parts to form the base. Wrong but it should at least hold the flimsy rest of the assembly together.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks guys. I remember repelling once form a Griffon when they still had that fresh helicopter smell. Rumour had it the other Griffons ( in the flight of 2) skid bent a wee bit from the weight of the 3 guys getting ready to drop. Don't know if it was true or not but I had fun.