1/72 Czech Mi-171 sh almost finished

Hi

I don't know if it is permitted but as I don't want to spend too much time in duplicate posting , I've enclosed a link to a modelling forum (sorry in French) where I've posted some "in progress pictures" of a Mi-171sh conversion made on a Hobby Boss basis. I've seen the very nice conversion Flankerman has done some years ago and also try to find my way into the jungle of version denominations and finally I've purchased the recently available Wheel and Wing publication book about the last versions of the Mi 8/17 family. I'm also waiting for the future Armory conversion but I can't wait for it, so I've started with an easier project (no radar nose): the czech Mi-171 (moreover I've the Casper decal sheet wich contain stencils for this version). My plan is to make the fist version (before recent upgrade with new digital display instrument panel and upgraded avionics). You'll see some in progress pictures and sorry for the last ones that are out of focus(I'd a problem with my camera). Since I've started this project, I manage to purchase some extra pieces from North Star models (doppler velocity and drift sensor) but unfortunatly I try to recyclate the old Part photoetched set dedicated to the Zvezda model

My link

Regards

Jean-Baptiste

Edited by jibou

:)

That is superb work Jean-Baptiste :worship:/>/> :worship:/>/>

Great attention to detail and some great intricate craftsmanship.

Will you be adding some scale model tanks ??

mi-8_tanks_01.jpg

mi-8_tanks_05.jpg

Ken

Hi Ken

No scale model tanks :-) but I was thinking about a small vehicule (I think I've seen a picture somewhere but that was probably with a clam shell door version) or some auxillary tanks as they are now available from North star models.

Best regards

Jean-Baptiste

Hi

Finally I managed to finish the cockpit for the czech version (before upgrade).

The side walls are roughly detailled as almost every detail will be hidden

DSCN2134.jpg

the aft bulkhead of the cockpit is also rapidly coorected as Hobby boss made a wrong vertical pattern so I've used some photoetched part from Part (designed for the Zvezda model they are oversized)

DSCN2132.jpg

the front bulkhead of the cargo cabin has been almost completly rebuilt as it is located too backward and doesn't match with the door apertures.

the dials of the instrument panels are completly different from the earlier version so I've made them from scratch

DSCN2133.jpg

the cargo cabin roof is almost completed (just a few detail to add as well as the cabin floor and the cabin heater muzzle located under the seats.

DSCN2135.jpg

Now it's time to detail the aft part of the cargo cabin and start the painting process (at least for the cockpit)

Best regards

Jean-Baptiste

• 4 weeks later...

Hi

Some pictures before I glue it to its base. Got some fitting problems with the access ramp as you can see but almost everything will be hidden. I've managed to paint and glue every little things without minor dammage except a front lateral window that remains unglued...

DSCN2176.jpg

DSCN2169.jpg

DSCN2170.jpg

DSCN2172.jpg

DSCN2173.jpg

DSCN2174.jpg

DSCN2175.jpg

Regards

Jean-Baptiste

Wow !! - That is fantastic Jean-Baptiste..... :thumbsup::worship: :worship: :worship:

Build quality and paintwork are superb....

I'm now going to put all my models and kits away and take up knitting..... :crying2:

It makes all my efforts look like the work of a 2-year old.

Nice one.

Ken

Wow!

I've poked around the real machine a few times and your model really captures the spirit of the beast.

I just wish someone would come out with a kit of one so we wouldn't need to do conversions.

Thanks to all for the kind words, sure that I'll not detail another interior kit soon... too much work for so little to be seen , especially at the braille scale). About the conversion, it seems that armory is planing to do a Mi8 AMTSh conversion (that includes the radar nose). For me that will be very interesting to make a russian Mi-8 (but closed...)

Best regards

Jean-Baptiste