Apartment work desk?

I am (hopefully) moving into an apartment in the future, probably a small one bedroom. I'm trying to get ideas for a workstation for a small space, with room to airbrush. Any pictures or ideas you have are much appreciated.

Thank you, Dave

Not sure how big area you'll have , I use a 34x34 card table . Cheap and has enough room . I have a small plastic drawer system from walmart to hold sand paper paints and little stuff . Out sight and organized

Rick

Edited by infofrog

I used a tool box and a round laminated piece of wood about 18" in diameter as my work area when I lived in an apartment. The wood protected the kitchen table from the inevitable messes, and I could also put it in my lap allowing me to watch TV while I worked.

The tool box had several lift out trays, I used one for tools, one for paint brushes and the bottom held my paints, glue and misc other items too large for the trays.

Back in the day when I lived in an apartment, I used a cheapy particle board computer desk with hutch. I had a cardboard box to one side with a vacuum cleaner hose stuck in a hole in the back to use as a spray booth. Actually, I still use that cardboard box with the hose in the back as a spray booth, but the sides and top have been reinforced with some 1x2 lumber to keep the top from crushing.

Back in the day when I lived in an apartment, I used a cheapy particle board computer desk with hutch. I had a cardboard box to one side with a vacuum cleaner hose stuck in a hole in the back to use as a spray booth. Actually, I still use that cardboard box with the hose in the back as a spray booth, but the sides and top have been reinforced with some 1x2 lumber to keep the top from crushing.

Yeah. That is pretty much what I started with. Cheapo partcleboard computer desk. My stash consisted of one model. What happened?

I currently live in an Apt. I bought a decent "L" or corner shaped computer desk from Amazon. I use one side for airbrushing etc.. and the other side I my building side. It's nice too because it has the monitor shelf, which holds my tv/monitor. A quick suggestion, go to Staples Best Buy or similar stores who sell this type furniture and check out what they have, they usually have samples that are step up and you can sit at. Keep in mind you might be sitting at this desk for hours :woot.gif: I'm a taller guy and like desks that sit higher, it gives me clearance for my knees and saves my back.

Hi Dave,

My work space is setup inside a closet, its a bit messy atm but i can send you pics if you want.

I use a drawer unit with wheels from IKEA which i can simply simply slide back under the work bench when i'm done.

I use it to keep my paints and most of my tools.

Ikea Drawer Unit

Hope this helps.

Hi Dave,

My work space is setup inside a closet, its a bit messy atm but i can send you pics if you want.

I use a drawer unit with wheels from IKEA which i can simply simply slide back under the work bench when i'm done.

I use it to keep my paints and most of my tools.

Ikea Drawer Unit

Hope this helps.

I've thought about getting a roll top desk, and I'm going to look at getting a small spray booth, and someone gave me the idea of using a roll of paper to help keep everything clean.