Which 1:32 jet from Kitty Hawk

Hello

Kitty Hawk has cancelled their Mirage III project in 1:32 scale after announcement of the italeri Mirage IIIC at the Spielwarenmesse in Nürnberg.

My proposals for an substitute are:

Mirage F.1C/CR/CT

Nice looking aircraft, many different nations and markings

Image3_01.jpg

Mirage 2000C

Very esthetic aircraft, many different special schemes. Standing on top of many wishlists

Image2_01.jpg

MIG-21bis

Last mass produced version of the MIG-21. MIG-21M/MF would be welcome too as replacement for the Trumpeter kit, which has an inaccurate fuselage.

Image1_01.jpg

What do you think? What are your favourites?

Greetings

Christian

Edited by falcon91352

Mirage 2000 and MiG-21bis.

Has there ever been a 32nd scale injection-moulded kit of the Mirage 2000? Not that I'm aware of.

And just like Christian has stated above, positively on many modellers' wishlists. It's about time to tackle one in 32nd scale...

The MiG-21 per se is an iconic and significant aircraft, and the bis in particular would offer a good wealth of colourful liveries and decal variants.

However, an MF would be great, too. Even more schemes and marking options to choose from.

Personally, I'd give the MiG-21bis a slight edge over the Mirage.

Erik

Edited by Airfixer
1/48 Su-34 Fullback......needs to be done...

True but I would rather see a more mature company take on that task. Like Academy, Hasegawa, would love if GWH did it.

Edited by FAR148

MIRAGE F.1 !

They already have the project made in 1/48 scale that was made at first glance for 1/32. just scale up the drawings and go ahead!

But all other suggestions will be very welcome also! I will love forever a SU-24 or 34 in 1/32 scale, but I think those too big for Kittyhawk at this moment... many french jet are waiting to born too, like Mirage 2000, Rafale (a great subject for the moment too), S. Etendard and... Mirage IV? :rolleyes:/>

Edited by FCM

MIRAGE F.1 !

They already have the project made in 1/48 scale that was made at first glance for 1/32. just scale up the drawings and go ahead!

MF1-knowledgeable people aren't particularly enthusiastic about the KH kit.

Nope. I don't count myself as all-knowing in all matters Mirage F.1, but it is one of my favourite subjects for it's sheer elegance of line. KH have got some very basic things wrong, very wrong, and if they do decide to scale up their CAD data, I do hope they do the right thing and fix what's wrong with it. By all means, give us stupid crap like engines you glue inside the fuselage and photoetched spoilers that are never open on the ground, just get the basic shape right and don't let the air intakes just end in a flat wall.

Yes, I have bought a kit, so I am allowed to critisise it. Luckily it was 2/3rds of retail price, and even then I find it in the top end of what it's worth.

Jens

That´s right. Especially the nose on the MF1CR/CT is annoying. Intakes are lacking the rounded edges and the top fuselage area along the root of the vertical stabilizer is not correct. Despite the flaws of the KH kit, I have seen some very nice builds out of it.

If KH decides to release a 1:32 Mirage F.1, they should go ahead for a completely new designed kit. Some knowledgeable Mirage F.1 experts are certainly willing to help.