Looking very good. One of these days I want to build an exotic (non-French and non-Isreali) SEA Mirage just like this one! After going through your build and seeing your recent weathering I am more intrigued. I can't seem to find color photos of Argentine SEA Mirages though, do you have some sites that I could study? Also are there other Mirage operators that use the SEA camo besides Argentina? Belgium is the only other operator I know of that fits the bill.

Exotic is such a relative term :P, I would say not-so-boring, regarding SEAC painted Mirages there's a lot to choose from, Chile, Venezuela, Peru, etc., well maybe not Peru, I plan to build most of them.

Get this book, there you have lots of nice pictures plus the history of each aircraft on each air force.

HARPIA-Latin-American-Mirages.jpg.

Cheers

Thanks Shernak!

Der Grune Punkt,

Nicely done weathering. Your Dot technique is simple, yet very effective. I tend to work more in layers with washes and a few filters.

Joel

Thanks, it's a technique I seen somewhere, can't recall where. I found oils most easy to work with, most forgiving, and the most progressive, as you can add as many layers as you want and work knowing that you can take all the time you need, their main drawback are it's stronger point, they dry very slowly, but what I do to seal the job even when oils are drying is to apply the varnish, this will make the varnish not to dry as quickly as it should, but it will protect the weathering.

Edited by Der Grüne Punkt
  • 2 weeks later...