Darren,

Are the stiffeners vinyl? How do they stick over time, and/or react to paint (does it stick)? In addition, how do the Hasegawa stiffeners fit to the Academy kit (assuming that you've tried this)? I've been trying to unload my Hasegawa F-4s on the forums, but interest has evaporated.

Any plans on developing conversions for the E/G from the a Academy kit, or would the forward fuselage be too much of a hassle?

Thanks,

Chris

Darren,

Are the stiffeners vinyl? How do they stick over time, and/or react to paint (does it stick)? In addition, how do the Hasegawa stiffeners fit to the Academy kit (assuming that you've tried this)? I've been trying to unload my Hasegawa F-4s on the forums, but interest has evaporated.

Any plans on developing conversions for the E/G from the a Academy kit, or would the forward fuselage be too much of a hassle?

Thanks,

Chris

The vinyl is fantastic. I have vinyl intake covers that have been on for over 10 years and they are rock solid. You can paint over the vinyl as well. I use MM Acryl and it adheres just fine. Doing an E/G conversion is above my skill set!

Darren have you considered doing corrected horizontal tail planes for the Academy F-4? I know hyper sonic has them but it would be nice to have a second source.

I usually try and stay away from items that someone else has done, unless they are out of production. I know it's supposed to be about competition and such, but I've always felt the aftermarket companies should work in conjunction with each other compliment what's available. It's always puzzled me when four decal companies release markings for the same aircraft all at the same time when there are so many schemes that haven't been done yet. I realize it's naive of me to think that way.

Darren have you considered doing corrected horizontal tail planes for the Academy F-4? I know hyper sonic has them but it would be nice to have a second source.

Craig,

Just curious why you think a second source "would be nice" in light of the facts that the Hypersonic set is accurate in shape, excellent in casting, reasonable in price ... and dispatched with fast service, As important a factor is that Jeff (Hypersonic) is "one of us", and in that regard, deserves our support to continue producing quality items we want and need.

I'd rather see Darren come out with new articles rather than competing with an existing source, especially an "ARCer".

Gene K

Darren,

Have you considered doing corrected slats for the Hasegawa F-4S? You could have new outboard slats and a strip for the lip formed by the retracted inboard slats.

CopyofDSCN0106-1.jpg

DSCN0120a.jpg

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e231/bebrown1/CopyofDSCN0110-1.jpg

I've got more photos if you want them. ;)/>

Ben

I actually have the strip that you can blend in the with the inner slat and I shaped the slats so that they match the picture you posted. They aren't the E slats. Those pictures are perfect to show the difference.

Craig,

Just curious why you think a second source "would be nice" in light of the facts that the Hypersonic set is accurate in shape, excellent in casting, reasonable in price ... and dispatched with fast service, As important a factor is that Jeff (Hypersonic) is "one of us", and in that regard, deserves our support to continue producing quality items we want and need.

I'd rather see Darren come out with new articles rather than competing with an existing source, especially an "ARCer".

Gene K

Sometimes its a little easier to deal with a US based supplier. No ill will meant to Jeff @ Hypersonic and I agree deserves our full support just some times its nice to have a alternate source.