WTB: Fine Molds 1:72 Millennium Falcon

Hey there.

So this is a real long shot but I thought I'd give it a go. I'm on the hunt for a 1:72 scale Fine Molds Millennium Falcon, but I would like to pay a reasonable price. When these kits were released many online sources had them available for between $150 and $200. Unfortunately as I had just been laid off at the time (the company I worked for in Montreal folded and didn't pay anyone severance), money had to be spent on other things - like rent and food.

Now I realize they're listed on eBay for between $500 and $800 and even up towards $1000, but those are listed prices. Those same kits have been listed, and re-listed many times. Even the $400 ones are $400 US and given the exchange rate, that's still beyond my current budget.

I am really hoping that I can find someone that knows it will sit in their stash and would be willing to let one go for a reasonable $350 CAD + shipping. Given their initial prices, that probably still doubles your money. I would prefer to purchase from within Canada as the shipping fees would be far lower than getting one from the US, but I'll still entertain US options if the price is right.

I did find one in Canada listed on Kijiji for $375, but he refuses to ship, even via fedex (so really he's in no hurry to sell the thing I guess).

Anyone interested? Anyone? Bueller? Bueller?

Thanks

David

Edited by RiderFan
  • 4 weeks later...

Keep your eye on Revell. They are releasing a new range of Star Wars models and it appears they have the molds from Fine Molds and will be re-releasing some models very soon which means they should be cheaper than FM's original prices.