Since I am the (un)happy owner of Kittyhawk's kit...here are my First two questions. In all the USNAVY jets I have built - and there are many - aaaalllll the edges of the "open" panels are ..RED! Am I blind or there are change of plans for the F-35 ???...and my second question...is the USNAVY going to use MJ-1 loaders for the Internal weapon bays ???...it must be bloody hard to "work" under there "manually...!!!

...thats for now...thanks in advance!!!

"Uhappy" ?! C'mon, man, you can build it! I have the kit also and I know there is going to be some fit and filling issues...but, I saw one built up nicely at the IPMS Nats, so, I figure if someone else can make it look nice then I should be able to. We'll see.

As for the red edges on the doors...none that I've seen. These are all "test phase" birds out here at NAS Patuxent River and none of them have red edges on the gear doors. Whether or no that changes when they start populating operational squadrons, I don't know but it doesn't appear to be the case, as in the VFA-101 bird

F-35C-Grim-Reapers_zps5830427e.jpg

sg2011_31_05_zps6011e346.jpg

f-35c-first-catapult-launches-uss-nimitz3_zps1055b7f4.jpg

sdd_f35testc_046_zpsb062bf26.jpg

Ok!...thanks for the replies...so "No Red edges"...so far!!!

...about the "loader" issue, from all the posts I have read in many forums, there must be an "issue" with the Internal bomb bays...and I still dont have any Info on this subject. I insist on that becouse I am planning a diorama for my model ... "Loading" it on the deck using the appropriate set from skunkworks.