Rush on tour again soon

The Holy Trinity is putting together a 34 city 40th anniversary tour for the Summer. I have my tickets already for the Tampa show May 24th.

I don't know how long these guys can keep going. They are already making jokes on stage about how old they are. In any case, they are clearly approaching the end of their career, so if you have never seen them live, there may not be many more chances. They good news is they have made an effort over the past 20 years to thoroughly document the second half of their career. We will always have that. I see myself down the road, retired, sitting in my "rocker," air drumming to Tom Sawyer.

Edited by DutyCat

Already have my tickets for the July 15th show in Calgary. I missed them in 2013 after they moved their show from Calgary to Red Deer because the Saddledome was flooded out in the June 2013 floods here. I would have loved to have seen that tour with the string section.

I've only seen them live once before and that was in 1992 for their Roll the Bones tour in Edmonton. Amazing musicians and great people too. I'm a bass player and Geddy is one of my greatest influences.

Cant wait for the show. I only wish they were at a better sounding venue than the Saddledome. The sound there leaves a lot to be desired.

Ciao,

John

Rush is a group I actually think has historical value in seeing. I'm not a fan of Rush, though I definitely appreciate their music, but the fact that there will never be another one raises the stakes for me.

Have a great time at the show.

Going June 17. Tickets for the 19th sold out in 10 minutes for the HOME TOWN SHOW!!!!!!

This time instead of the boss I am bringing my 18 year old daughter who seems to like real music. (She saw Fleetwood Mac last week). She is also a drummer so she HAS to see Rush.deadhorse1.gif Don't have a drum facee so here is a horse.

Edited by phantom

Oh, yeah. They are kind of our unofficial ARC band. Think about it. Most of us are guys. Most of us are smart. Most of us prefer quality over hacked out crap and their music is very craftsmanship like. They have intelligent lyrics. Most of us are about right age to have been influenced by them over the years, and they are the last real band standing from the classic/early progressive era of rock. They are a thinking man's band. We fit their demographic perfectly. They even have a song about the space shuttle.

I was an Aerosmith fan in high school until they pretty much lost it in 78/79. I remember driving home one night from my fast food job (Wendy's, no less), and I heard "The Spirit of Radio" for the first time. It was like a light shined down from heaven. I thought to myself, Who is THAT?

A couple of years later, Moving Pictures came out, and I was hooked. I have seen them on the following tours:

Grace Under Pressure

Power Windows

Hold Your Fire

Presto

Roll The Bones

Vapor Trails

Snakes and Arrows

Time Machine

Clockwork Angels

So the R40 tour will be my 10th show.

Edited by DutyCat

BRING ON RUSH!!! Geddy, Alex, and Neil may be old, but they sure as hell don't show it! Saw their Roll the Bones, Counterparts, and Test for Echo tours. These guys put on one helluva show!!! Hoping they'll be making music through at LEAST R50! That would be SWEET!!!

I love RUSH :worship: ! I have seen them only once but man what a show. Like Phantom, my Daughter loves real music. She plays acoustic, electric, and bass guitar and loves listening to RUSH, Randy Rhodes, Buddy Guy, The Edge, Carlos Santana, BB King, and many of the other great bands and guitarists. She'd love to go...but sadly RUSH isn't going to be close to us :crying2: .

Enjoy the show guys!!

Off to listen to "Tom Sawyer" while I work on my Operation Granby Challenger.

Cheers :cheers: !

Don.

Cool! These dudes just keep on rockin'.

Saw them summer of 2013 in Quebec City (Plains of Abraham outdoor concert). Sounded great, lots of energy, definitely not showing their ages. It took me back to the first time I saw them in a hockey rink at Queen's University in Kingston, Ontario, in 1978!

Very worth it to go. The shows are spectacular, and improving over the years.

ALF

Huge Rush fan!!!!

My son and I drove 10 hours to Chicago in '12 to see them at the United Center for Clockwork Angels. WHAT AN AWESOME SHOW!!!!

I heard they might hang it up soon..God I hope not, I want to see them again.... :thumbsup:

Cheers, Ian