VF-84 shelf queen.

This was built (to this point) in November. It was going to be a quickie build for me with markings for VF-161. Then MHaz comes out and says he has decals coming out for the "flag scheme" from VF-84 around 1965.

Well.......These Academy F-4Bs are not cheap and I WANT to use these new decals. So get ready to buy them. Then thanks to the ARC raffle I ended up WINNING them!!!!!!

So that is 3 sheets these guys owe mew00t.gif (from past group builds)

So.............hopefully the decals arrive soon. I know they were mailed so I think they should show up some time this week. Hopefully the decals show and I can finish this one up Saturday.

DSC_0842.jpg

Oh, while I waited for the decals I added pilots in the old high vis flight suits.

The Vegabond VF-84 decals are on.

DSC_0853.jpg

DSC_0850.jpg

DSC_0852.jpg

Looks much better then the old Hasegawa with Superscale decals I did .....I don't know........20 years ago???????

DSC_0857.jpg

But , you can NOT toss a Phantom.........Maybe redo it as another shelf queen. It has after all been on the shelf since the 90s. I am sure I have a few spare parts I can fix it up with.