CAF CH-178 (Mi-17V-5) restart #3857489

Okay I'll join in and make yet another attempt at finishing my CH-178 (Mi-17V-5).

I started this in August 2011 using the Hobby Boss 1/72 Mi-8 kit, got stalled in the early going, tried to resume it for the Spec Ops GB, got stalled again, and haven't touched it since January 2014.

Here's where things are at this moment:

F8QNuwD.jpg

As mentioned, I'm using the Hobby Boss 1/72 Mi-8 kit, along with Pavla troop seats, Eduard interior and exterior etch, CanMilAir decals for CH-178 in Afghanistan, and a lot of cutting and sheet styrene.

The initial thread from 2011 is here: http://www.arcforums.com/forums/air/index.php?showtopic=224103

and the build thread from the Spec Ops GB is here: http://www.arcforums.com/forums/air/index.php?showtopic=268878

As you can see there is still a lot of work to do, but I think I will be able to close it all up pretty soon; hopefully once the fuselage halves are together things will proceed at a better pace.

Edited by Litvyak

Every time I sit down to work on it... I get up again to go do something else! What is it about this build? I love the subject, so it isn't that... maybe once I get it closed up, it'll feel like progress is happening. I'm going to try making that happen today - not much more I need to do before that except the wall coverings and the troop seats. And, I've decided that I'll build it with the side doors open, but the ramp closed, so as to save myself from yet more interior work.

Every time I sit down to work on it... I get up again to go do something else! What is it about this build? I love the subject, so it isn't that... maybe once I get it closed up, it'll feel like progress is happening. I'm going to try making that happen today - not much more I need to do before that except the wall coverings and the troop seats. And, I've decided that I'll build it with the side doors open, but the ramp closed, so as to save myself from yet more interior work.

Sometimes it takes me like 20 minutes at the work bench where I am fidgeting and messing with other things but once I get through that, I usually get in the groove and get productive. It does take some time to settle though. Keep at it and just get it closed, and like you suspect it will give a big progress bump