CD48082 - T-34A/B Mentor Part 1

There are some indications that Minicraft's 1/48 early T-34 kit is getting closer. I have some artwork that is ready to go, and will release at least one (and possibly two) sheets soon after the kit is released. The first one will be CD48082.

Lima Lima Flight Team ?

1154_zps9dim93i3.jpg

Of course - there is one LL option on the first sheet, but the emphasis is on operational markings. The first sheet will be USAF/US Navy centric, the second one will have markings for foreign (non-US) operators.

• 2 years later...

After a couple years. it looks like this kit is coming soon - for real this time. Many of you might have seen the test build at Cybermodeler.

https://www.cybermodeler.com/hobby/kits/min/kit_min_11671.shtml

It looks like the kit will come with a pathetic excuse of a decal sheet - the Caracal replacement will give you several USAF, USN and Japanese options to replace the kit sheet. Coming as part of the next batch of releases in March.

Edited by KursadA
  • 1 month later...

Here is the final draft of CD48082 - now that the kit seems to be really about to be released, this is going to be part of the next batch. This one contains markings for 2 x USAF, 2 x US Navy and one Lima Lima demo aircraft.

cd48082.jpg

I have enough material for an international T-34 sheet, and I will be putting one together in the next couple of days - more on that international sheet later.

2 hours ago, eraucubsfan said:

Finally I can build a (or 6) Lima Lima aircraft!

Fair warning: careful eyes may have caught that I chose the only Lima Lima aircraft (ship "15") that has the "US AIR FORCE" markings instead of the "NAVY" markings that most of the team wears. I designed these markings a while ago, and at the time the best documented example seemed to be that one. It is now a bit late to change the sheet, but the basic markings on the others can be sourced from other sheets or generic markings..

• 2 months later...

I received my kit today.

No surprises really, since the kit was previewed before on Cybermodeler. Overall profile and dimensions are spot-on when compared to the accurate drawings I made with help from Beechcraft drawings and photos. 

Structural details are a mix of engraved panel lines with very finely and appropriately scaled rivets, which is appropriate for this subject.

Nice cockpit with some sidewall detail, sufficient for the scale. I like the kit.

The decals are very basic, but I provided some very good alternatives for you in the two sheets I released this month.

mentor1.jpg

mentor2.jpg

Edited by KursadA