ARC Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
phantom

CH-46 SAR

CH-46 1/48 by Academy. Kit decals for the most part if I can find the letters to make NAS Pensacola. We shall see.

DSC_0715.jpg

Seems this kit was lightly started. The seats were built and holes punched in the side to do a CH-113. Just no Pontoons to do it. Had the supports that the Pontoons connect to installed as well.

So I ripped those off, sanded it down and carried on. I will fill the holes later when and if other putty is required. So innards......

DSC_0716.jpg

then outards.

DSC_0717.jpg

By the way , does anyone know for sure if Pensacola rescue flew these things? I know they flew Sea Kings but can not find a photo for the Sea Knight.

As you can see I am not super detailing the insides. I have built 4 of these now and you can see next to nothing once its all sealed up.

Starting to think the rescue squadron at Pensacola never flew these things. Looks like it Pt. Magu in my future.

Some SAR colour. That gray pealed badly from the tape. But the repair makes a very weathered look.

DSC_0723.jpg

All but done, went and lost the windshield wipers!!!!

Nice addition to the helo Rescue group collection Phantom... Good contrast in paint job to the Canadian versions. Man you can really crank them out. (It's like you're in "wartime production" mode).

I looked at the Sea Knight Rotor Fold in 48th to do my CH-46 to save a bit of shelf space however the fold kit would almost double the kit price so I think I'll find the shelf space instead. :) That one of mine may wait a while as I'm pretty sure it'll be a custom decal job as I've got reference photos of a U. S. Marines CH-46 that served in Dessert Storm, named after my wife. :thumbsup:/> (or at least named after someone with the dame name as her...)

Cheers,

David :cheers:/>

Thanks David, it sure does look "wrong" on my otherwise Canadian helo shelf.

DSC_0731_1.jpg