TanModel is planning to do 1/48 F-4Es and T-37 ?

From TanModel's FB page

2 hafta önce Hava Kuvvetleri Komutanlığı yetkilileri ile yaptığımız görüşme neticesinde bugün Genelkurmay Başkanımız ve Hava Kuvvetleri Komutanımız tarafından imza altına alınan izin ve yetki ile 1/32 ölçek F-5A - F-5B - T-38 TALON - F-4E ( RF-4E ) ve 1/48 T-37 projelerimiz için 3D Laser Tarama Metroloji yöntemiyle Dünya' da bu teknolojiyi kullanarak model kit tasarımı yapan 3. firma olacağımızı bildirmekten büyük gurur ve mutluluk duyuyoruz.

Could a Turkish speaker confirm ? I understand that TanModel settled an agreement with the TAF to be able to 3D scan aircrafts and that they plan to do 1/48 F-4E, RF-4E and T-37 along with the 1/32 F-5s.

Edited by Laurent

2 weeks ago in the interview as a result we did with Command officials of the Air Force today, the General Staff President and Air Force permits shall be signed by our command and authority with 1/32 scale F-5A - F-5B - Northrop T-38 Talon - F-4E (RF-4E ) and 1/48 with the T-37 3D Laser Scanning for projects metrology method world 'in which the model kit designs 3. using this technology, we are very proud and happy to announce that our company would be.

2weeks ago, air force officials as a result of our discussion today with the Chairman of the General staff, and Air Force Commander by signature received under permission and authority 1/32 scale F-5A-F-5B-T-38 TALON-F-4E (RF-4E) and 1/48 T-37 projects for 3D Laser Scanning method with the Metrological World using this technology in model kit design 3. great pride to announce that we will be firm and we are happy.

Yes, TanModel wants to produce 1/32 F/NF-5A/B , T-38, F/RF4-E/2020/ETM,1/48 T-37 and some others ... so they did get permission for 3D scans of actual aircraft to design new kits and official licenses for actual and possible special painting schemes of TuAF aircraft

Edited by A.C.Acikgoz

Has Tan Model ever released a kit yet.I remember 3-4 years they were going to release and F-5A and I have yet to see one.Such pie in the sky plans.

They finished the tooling and sold it to Tiger Hobbies Limited apparently as Kinetic released their F-5s first. I believe that the 1/72 Hurkus trainer kit is about to be released.

The Hurkus trainer in 1/72 is already out (at least in Turkey).

So as you see google translate is not your friend when making translation from Turkish to English (or vice versa) because if I'm not wrong they use a technology that scans websites that have both languages and match them. So instead of word by word translation, it translates in the context with matching already scanned bi-lingual webpages. If it doesn't have that many data, it makes word to word translation which is usually senseless. So that's why it is more successful where there are abundant bi-lingual webpages in the languages such as German-English or French-English.

Frankly speaking the Turkish original sentence is broken too with lack of verb, comma etc. anyway here is the correct translation:

"2 hafta önce Hava Kuvvetleri Komutanlığı yetkilileri ile yaptığımız görüşme neticesinde bugün Genelkurmay Başkanımız ve Hava Kuvvetleri Komutanımız tarafından imza altına alınan izin ve yetki ile 1/32 ölçek F-5A - F-5B - T-38 TALON - F-4E ( RF-4E ) ve 1/48 T-37 projelerimiz için 3D Laser Tarama Metroloji yöntemiyle Dünya' da bu teknolojiyi kullanarak model kit tasarımı yapan 3. firma olacağımızı bildirmekten büyük gurur ve mutluluk duyuyoruz."

"We are very proud and happy to announce that we will be using 3D laser scan metrology(?) method -the 3rd company in the world, to design a model kit by using this technology- for our projects of 1/32 scale F-5A, F-5B, T-38 Talon, F-4E (RF-4E) and 1/48 scale T-37, after a meeting with Air Force Command officers held 2 weeks ago and, permission and authorization signed by both Chief of the Turkish General Staff and Commander of the Turkish Air Force as of today."

And if you can follow, you can see how the order of words in Turkish is completely opposite of English, a regular Turkish sentence being "Subject + complement + verb" where in English, French, Italian, Spanish, German etc. being "Subject + verb + complement"

BTW who the hell the other model kit company using laser scan? (I know Tamiya is one but the other, Hasegawa?) I know they scanned the 32" Millenium Falcon but...

I was given a sample of a 1/48 F-5A to build about a year or so ago. It was crude to say the least. I'm not sure the manufacturer. I really hope it wasn't the Tan Model molds, because it was not a very good kit. It was very rough.

Edited by Darren Roberts

I was given a sample of a 1/48 F-5A to build about a year or so ago. It was crude to say the least. I'm not sure the manufacturer. I really hope it wasn't the Tan Model molds, because it was not a very good kit. It was very rough.

They didn't tell you who they were?

They didn't tell you who they were?

It was given to Sprue Brothers, who passed it on to me to build it. I'll have to ask Gordon if he remembers what company gave it to him. It's been awhile, so he may not remember. It was just before the other F-5A was released.