TanModel is planning to do 1/48 F-4Es and T-37 ?

It was given to Sprue Brothers, who passed it on to me to build it. I'll have to ask Gordon if he remembers what company gave it to him. It's been awhile, so he may not remember. It was just before the other F-5A was released.

Darren,

If it looked anything like this, it would be the Tiger Hobbies boxing of the TAN kit. (Images deeplinked from eBay):

$(KGrHqF,!qMFJmL)8i5LBSdOMV)jy!~~60_57.JPG

$T2eC16F,!)UFI,sfENbMBSdONERuz!~~60_57.JPG

$_57.JPG

$_57.JPG

$_57.JPG

The F-5 doesn't look too bad. I know its not Tamiya of Hasegawa level, but if their T-37s look that good I'll be more then happy. You got to pick your battles.

Trust me, it looks better in the pictures than it does in person. It reminded me of a limited run kit with thick sprue gates, heavy plastice, etc. Everyone knows I'm not one to be all that concerned with accuracy issues, but I was a bit put off by the kit. Now, if they come out with a T-37, I'm sure it will be workable. They may have even upped their game since the F-5A. I'm just going by what I've already seen from the company.

• 4 weeks later...

I wanted to bring this thread back to the top to give kudos to TAN Models. After reading my comments in this thread, they sent me a copy of their 1/72 scale Hurkus. If their T-37 looks like that, it will be a very, very nice kit. I appreciate them taking the time and money to send me a kit to show me what their product is like. I will definitely be purchasing a T-37 when it's released.

That's the kit I had. It is my understanding that TAN sold the F-5 to Tiger Hobby because TAN was not happy with the results. That was my only experience with TAN until they sent me the Hurkus kit. Needless to say, they changed my mind. The Hurkus is much nicer than the F-5 was. I don't blame them for not putting their name on the F-5. I have high hopes for their T-37 and F-4E kits, though. It would be worth giving TAN a second look.

Interesting news on an F-4E. I had heard that Academy was planning one or was I dreaming? I am not sure how necessary this is but that was also said about the release of the Academy F-4. I will certainly take a look at this once released as Phantoms are always good.

Who would have thought in this age of new release we would see a new crop of Phantoms. I guess it is true what they say Phantoms Phorever!!! :)

It's pretty obvious that Academy will get around to doing a F-4E/F/G at some point.

Question is can TAN steal their future sales by A getting their kit out first and B have a decent worldwide distribution so we can purchase kits easy.

Tweety better rock

• 7 months later...