A-10 modifications after Gulf War

Hi, I have both the 1/72 Academy and the Hasegawa kits. I know both kits represents early aircrafts, and I read both "In action" and "Walkaround" books, but cant make me an idea of what external diferences are from early to late aircrafts. I know of some antennaes, but cant find wich ones. Can you help me?

Afaik, There is an extra circular shaped antenna behind the canopy, extra chaff & flare in the flap fairings of the gearbays. The cream colored lighting strips maybe, but not sure. Probably not everything, but it's a begin 😉

First, you'll need to define "early" and "late." The jet is ~40 years old now, so a lot has changed over the years. Are you trying to model a modern-day A-10C? Or just an A-10 from the 1990s? A-10A+?

Jake

The cockpit is going to be the biggest hurdle. The A-10C is (more) modern-looking than the original A-10A cockpit, and there is no resin replacement available.

Other changes for an A-10C include new panels on two of the wing pylons.

Other modifications for any A-10A/C since the 1980s include new RWR system/antenna, LASTE system w/radar altimeters, formation strip lighting, covert lighting system, GPS dome, SATCOM antenna, a few panel/door differences around the battery area, and other changes.

Jake

The cockpit is going to be the biggest hurdle. The A-10C is (more) modern-looking than the original A-10A cockpit, and there is no resin replacement available.

Other changes for an A-10C include new panels on two of the wing pylons.

Other modifications for any A-10A/C since the 1980s include new RWR system/antenna, LASTE system w/radar altimeters, formation strip lighting, covert lighting system, GPS dome, SATCOM antenna, a few panel/door differences around the battery area, and other changes.

Jake

Incorrect! Modern hobbies does a resin set, which is very good on its quality, though I can't speak to its accuracy.

http://www.modern-hobbies.com/cockpit-sets/a-10c-update-set-for-italeri-kits