11 members have voted

1. 1. Will you participate in the Vacuform GB?

• Bring it on!

The GB is simple, build any kit that models at least part of the structure using vacuform plastic. For an aircraft, at least the fuselage or wings must be vacuformed.

I'm sure a good number of us have at least one vacuformed kit in the stash. This GB would enable those Masters of the Vacuform Art to help us tyros get those kits built and onto the shelf. For my own part, I just got two 1/144 Welsh Models Douglas DC-3 Dakota kits; they're actually C-47s, but that what I wanted anyway :) These kits have an injected wing and horizontal stabilizer and vacuform fuselage and vertical stabilizer. I figure it's a good first kit to get my feet wet!

Love to have a co-mod!

I have actually just started building vacs. I have ruined a few in years past trying them, but I am thus far having a good experience with a rareplanes p-43. I have collected a few as they are dirt cheap at shows and on the bay. Any way, I would like to get in on this one.

Edited by Kurt H.

Here is some inspiration ... I have some more but these are some of my favorite kits from my vacuform stash

IMGP7284-vi.jpg

The C-123 and the KC-135 have been obsoleted by IM kits, but I still want to build them some day. All of these, aside from the c-123 are pretty much complete kits, with IM or metal parts for props, landing gear, wheels. The KC-135 and the B-32 even have decals.

Dig deep in your stash and see what you have that has been lurking in the "someday" pile since the 80s

If you want to join in, please make sure to vote in the poll at the top of the thread, when there are 25 yes votes, the GB can be considered for approval on the GB calendar.

Edited by Kurt H.

How much time do you propose? I build a lot more during the winter (especially this winter) than I do during the summer, when the yard and house take more time. I do have a plethora of vac kits and this would get me to build/complete some.

Jeff

The usual 6 month span. I want to get that vac-form kit done!

I've gotten 1 GB done in 3m, but that was a freak accident. I haven't gotten any building time, let alone much recreational time since the weekend due to coming down sick and needing to get some critical pays-the-bills work done.

I like the idea, particularly if we had some experienced vac kit builders involved to help out those of us lacking experience with these kits.

Unfortunately it seems like every time I've seen a GB with this theme they always seem to flop rather spectacularly. Voted yes, there is always hope the next time will be a success.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...