GB Proposal: Far East Air Forces

37 members have voted

1. 1. Would you join a 'Far Out, Far East' Group Build?

• Hell yes!

Vince any idea on the time frame you are aiming for, Sept, January, later?

Would WWII subjects (mostly Japan, maybe China too) also be considered part of the scope, or limited to post-war options only?

I certainly hope so as most of my initial ideas are WW2 ish. I've got several Chinese options in the stash and am thinking about a Thai Curtis Hawk III which were used first against the French and later against the Japanese.

I don't know what timescale yet - either from July or January, as I'm co-modding the 'Skis and Floats, Anything But Wheels' GB from September (and I'll barely have enough time to complete one model for that!), but It's down to the GB Mods as to when we slot in.

As for subject matter - it'll be for any aircraft, in any scale, from any time period.

I don't know what timescale yet - either from July or January, as I'm co-modding the 'Skis and Floats, Anything But Wheels' GB from September (and I'll barely have enough time to complete one model for that!), but It's down to the GB Mods as to when we slot in.

As for subject matter - it'll be for any aircraft, in any scale, from any time period.

Great, I've got a couple of options right off the top then. Also happy to see that the anything but wheels made the cut, I missed seeing that it got enough votes.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

This GB is in the calendar now, starting 1st of January :woot.gif:/>/>/>/>/>/>/>/>

Great to hear this!

There are indeed many colorful and exotic options that could be done.

If there is interest, of course, I would be glad to sponsor some Hi-Decal sheets for the GB.

Greetings

Diego

Hi-Decal

Here something to sharpen your modelling appetite:

This colorful PhAF Sabre has been used in combat on Mindanao and was shot down in 1974 (not my photo):

602998_10201059199503113_414429253_n.jpg?oh=56b3887941247ef15324ea6d8a74d9f3&oe=560FF30C

Edited by Diego

Excellent news, Diego - thanks!

I'm thinking of expanding the number of countries to include the Indian sub-continent, which would make all the following countries (including any previous incarnations, such as South Vietnam and Manchukuo) available for the GB;

- Bangladesh

- Bhutan

- Brunei

- Cambodia

- China

- East Timor

- India

- Indonesia

- Japan

- Laos

- Malaysia

- Maldives

- Mongolia

- Myanmar

- Nepal

- North Korea

- Pakistan

- Papua New Guinea

- Philippines

- Singapore

- South Korea

- Sri Lanka

- Taiwan

- Thailand

- Vietnam

My interest is peaked. I may have to jump in on this one.

Regards,

Don.

Edit: Thinking a JASDF F-104 in 1/72

Edited by Don
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...